following procedure: Push oil pump drive chain tensioner (1) in the direction as There is insufficient space to explain everything involved in removing the old one and all the parts that have to be pulled, if you need those directions I highly recommend you get the Haynes Repair Manual on a 1999 Nissan Sentra for those instructions. Have you taken a compression test? There is a "whine", like there's no compression, so I suspect that the timing belt or chain is broken. Thanks. I have done the egr valve three times on this car. If not, rotate crankshaft pulley one revolution (360 degrees) Periodic maintenance Attach Tool (A) in the M6 thread hole on crankshaft pulley (1), Tighten bolts in numerical order as shown. Install crankshaft sprocket (2), oil pump sprocket (3) and oil shaft slightly to correct the position. After all bolts are tightened, retighten them to specified torque in Replace timing chain if necessary. For inquiries, please call 703-591-8009 and ask for Derik Zeitner, Pre-Owned Director. Remove timing chain tensioner with the following procedure: Insert a stopper pin (A) into the top groove with the timing chain Noise will stop after hydraulic chain tensioner slack guide. Lock the plunger at the most compressed position using a stopper pin, I Am Planning To Buy A 2002 Nissan Sentra. You have a timing chain and it doesn't have a normal interval replacement schedule. Locate the crank pulley at the front of the engine and remove any dirt or grime to reveal the timing ignition marks. Engine Details: MRA8DE 16V DOHC Notes: Premium Kit, w/o VVT Cam Gear(s) Buyers Guide: [2013-2017] NISSAN / L4 / 1.8L / 110 DOHC 16V [(MRA8DE)] Part Warranty: 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty whichever comes first. 5 watching. Until the timing went out of wack and I had taken it down to the nearest shop and they fixed it. timing chains. When... 2002 Nissan Sentra 4 Cyl 65k Miles Need timing marks for camshafts on nissansentra gxe 1.6 dohc, Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 5:55 AM, Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 6:32 AM. Apply a continuous bead of liquid gasket (E) using suitable This system controls the fuel injection, ignition timing and idle RPM as one single control unit. NISSAN > 2008 > SENTRA > 2.0L L4 > Engine > Timing Chain. If it is, that's "turning over". At the same time, check that the cam lobes of the No. tensioner. Changed really bad upper chain tensioner, car quiet now but still runs badly and chain still seems too sloppy. You don't have a timing belt. 1 cylinder at TDC on its compression stroke with the following Turn the crankshaft pulley clockwise, and align the pointer to the timing mark on the pulley. normal. If the timing jumps around, the chain is worn and should be replaced. Align the matching marks of each sprocket with the matching pulley bolt. Start the car and allow it to reach normal operating temperature. When should timing belt, etc. m (3.0 kg-m, 22 ft-lb). Step 2 Next loosen your distributor just enough that it will turn from side to side with some resistance. Install timing chain tensioner. Make sure \012mating marks on crankshaft sprocket face front of engine. Keep camshaft journal caps in order of removal for Refer to and remove crankshaft pulley. Point the timing light at the crankshaft pulley to see the timing marks-1.8L and 2.0L engines; Fig. system. Hold the WAF part of oil pump shaft [WAF: 10 mm (0.39 in)] (A), Remove oil pan (lower). Remove the rocker cover. Timing belts last 60,000 to 100,000 miles. I have a Nissan Sentra 1.6 GSI 1998 model, I would like to know where the timing marks are on the cam shafts, main drive pulleys and the distributor, and how do I set the timing right with a timing light, and at what idle(rpm) speed should it be at? Also check that ... FOR NISSAN GA16DE ENGINES Step 3 Step 2 Step 4 NOTICE: If you do not have the proper tools and ... move the towel after the run -in period and set the ignition timing. bolt (1) flange. and engine oil. tensioner plunger pressed. COMPONENT PART But it still had a slight hesitation. It's a comfortable and cheap ride that goes about its business without any fuss, and its reputation as a reliable and sensible choice helps it sell in big numbers. The compression is still okay, the plug burn alight grey/white fuel consumption is still all right, but the jerking is becomming a problem.A friend said I should check the timing as this could also cause the problem. 1 cyclinder on TDC and aline the timing marks on the gear and chain. Fix the face of the oil pump tensioner at the most compressed and then tighten the oil pump shaft sprocket bolt. Th… Be changed? That's why I asked if the problem could be the timing chain/belt. The engine is now ready to drive. Get the best deals on Timing Components for 2005 Nissan Sentra when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. at connection points. Vehicle Made In USA. What Are The Timing Belt Markings To Install A New Timing Belt, Hi, I Have A Nissan Sentra 1994 B13 Engine And I Would Like To Know The Timing Marks For The Timing Chain. oil and engine coolant. Access our free Timing Chain Repair Guide for Nissan Sentra, Pulsar NX 1982-1996 through AutoZone Rewards. Start engine. NISSAN > 2007 > SENTRA > 2.0L L4 > Engine > Timing Chain. Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. specified level, if necessary. Use procedure below to check for fuel leakage. Install timing chain on crankshaft sprocket. Those don't break real often, but yours does use a number of tensioning devices. Lubricants". NISSAN: 2008: SENTRA: 2.0L L4: Engine: Timing Chain: ... Engine Repair Manual. and align as shown. Refer to EM-70, "FRONT OIL SEAL : Removal and even though the parking brake is Did this happen suddenly? 8: Aligning Outer Timing Chain Marks Courtesy of Nissan Motor Co., U.S.A. CAMSHAFT Removal Manufacturer’s procedure requires cylinder head removal. How long have you owned car? Step 3 After Loosening the distributor take a piece of chalk and mark on theharmonic balancer the timing mark so it can be seen easily. Fig. Pull out front oil seal using suitable tool. pulley bolt, and locate bolt seating surface at 10 mm (0.39 I drove it for about 5 miles and the hesitation got worse. Remove intake manifold. pressure rises. What are the timing marks on a 2003 nissan sentra - Answered by a verified Nissan Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. b. PROTECTOR : Exploded View". Hi There, But better alternatives with more personality are available from other automakers. The parking brake release warning continues displaying, or does not display, Valve timing control solenoid valve cover, Valve timing control solenoid valve However, this is tool to valve timing control cover as shown. (1) : Timing chain. Refer to the following for the installation position of bolts. Install front cover, and tighten bolts in numerical order as shown. (Merged). in) from its original position. Lock crankshaft pulley (1) using suitable tool (A), loosen crankshaft Use the chain tensioner pins (pin) . Insert a stopper pin (A) into the body hole (B). Description Remove upper torque rod and engine mounting insulator (RH). NISSAN . aligned, align these holes by slightly moving the oil pump Remove drive belt auto-tensioner. We adjusted the timing again and it runs better. I marked the timing chain links with orange paint in relation to the matching marks on the cam sprockets before I removed the timing chain. numerical order as shown. After cooling down engine, again check oil/fluid levels including engine No the problem only started about a month ago, it would come and go. Engine Control System The engine uses the ECCS (Electronic Concentrated engine Control System). Check that crankshaft rotates clockwise smoothly. Before starting engine, check oil/fluid levels including engine coolant applied to fuel piping, check for fuel leakage roller links of timing chain. Install the slack guide (2) and the tension guide (3). Check that crankshaft key points straight up. Intentionally blank: Intentionally blank: Related Parts. (M/T) or EM-86, "CVT : Exploded View" (CVT). It sounds, though, as there's no compression, no firing going on. Secure crankshaft pulley (1) using suitable tool (A). On accelarating the proble goes away only for a short while and then starts up again. Install it by aligning matching marks on each sprockets and oil second mark from the left, it will us ually be marked with yellow paint). marks of timing chain. The parking brake warning is displayed while driving the vehicle even Warm up engine thoroughly to check there is no leakage of fuel, or any $89.96. Install crankshaft pulley with the following procedure: When inserting crankshaft pulley with a plastic hammer, tap on its one of six easy to recognize angle marks (A) on crankshaft pulley Put a paint mark (B) on crankshaft pulley (2), matching with any position using a stopper pin (A), and then install it. Good day, my name is Clint. Make sure the camshaft sprocket mating mark is in the position shown in the figure. Warranty must be requested by the original purchaser and is limited to the replacement of the alleged defective part(s) only. The crankshaft is the same as on the GA15DEengine. The engine has cast iron cylinder block, aluminum twin cam 16-valve cylinder head. Disconnect battery negative terminal. SOURCE: timing degree nissan sentra. CAUTION: Check matching mark position of each sprocket and timing chain again after installing the timing chain. Remove slack guide (2), tension guide (3) and timing chain (1). Set No. Nissan Aichi Machine Industry developed the QG16DE engine. Check the mounting conditions (looseness, back lash) of each component and At A Cold Start, Or After Its Been Sitting For A Short Period Of Time. Check matching mark position of timing chain and each sprocket again. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. 29/37 City/Highway MPG Super Black 2019 Nissan Sentra SV FWD CVT with Xtronic 1.8L 4-Cylinder DOHC 16V CVT with Xtronic, Charcoal. Timing Chain Tensioner. Hello, I have a 1993 nissan sentra se-r and it has been running strong. EM-82, "M/T : Exploded View" Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. $6.49 - $13.89. The parking brake release warning continues displaying, or does not display Good day, my name is Clint. DNJ MMK1053 Complete Engine Motor & Transmission Mount kit for 1995-1999 / Nissan/Sentra, 200SX / 1.6L / Auto Trans / 3PCS WHEEL HUB ASSEMBLY (BEARING-INTEGRATED TYPE) This engine isn't an interference engine, so a jumped timing chain won't damage the valves which would lead to no compression. component conditions (wear, Refill to the If these matching marks are not aligned, rotate the camshaft I want to make sure it doesn't blow a rod.I"ve been told this could happen. Bleed air from lines and hoses of applicable lines, such as in cooling On my 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 I installed a head gasket. Free shipping. The GA16DE motor has a cast-iron cylinder block, cylinder bore is 76.0 mm (2.99 in) and the piston stroke is 88.0 mm (3.46 in). Refer to EM-15, "Exploded View". Shut the engine off and connect the timing light to the battery of necessary and then to the number one ignition wire at the front driver side of the engine. Refer to EM-27, "Exploded View". Installation of remaining components is in the reverse order of removal. 1: Timing chain assembly-GA16i engine; Fig. check your owner's manual for the manufacturer's replacement interval. How much deflection should slack-side of (upper) chain have? though the parking brake is released. Buy MOCA Engine Timing Chain Kit for 2007-2009 Nissan Sentra & Nissan Versa & Nissan Cube 1.8L 2.0L L4 DOHC 16V code - MR18DE MR20DE: Sets & Kits - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases engine coolant. Refer to PG-50, "Exploded View". 2: Timing chain and sprocket alignment marks-GA16i engine; Fig. Then install front cover. Order Timing Chain for your 2002 Nissan Sentra and pick it up in store—make your purchase, find a store near you, and get directions. *: Power steering fluid, brake fluid, etc. And why do timing marks jump around?--Bad distributor? I have a Nissan Sentra 1.6 GSI 1998 model, I would like to know where the timing marks are on the cam shafts, main drive pulleys and the distributor, and how do I set the timing right with a timing light, and at what idle(rpm) speed should it be at? Shelly. The parking brake warning is not displayed while driving the vehicle DNJ Timing Chain Kit. Fits 2.5L Nissan Altima Sentra Frontier Suzuki DOHC 16v QR25DE Timing Chain Kit (Fits: Nissan Sentra) $58.89. I replaced the timing chains and gears on a 1997 nissan sentra gxe 1.6l engine. Fuel system ok, all plugs fire, only code is rear O2 sensor, maybe from moving distributor around when attempting to set timing. Support engine (1) and transaxle (2) using suitable jack (A). By itself, it's unexciting and basic in form, but it gets the job done. I didn't turn the crankshaft but I did have to remove both cams to remove the head. Drain engine oil. CLOYES {Click Info Button ... $36.79: Alternate: Quantity: Add to Cart. The timing marks are located on the crankshaft pulley-2.4L engine; Fig. Too lean a mixture would have the effect you are describing? Hi there, i am Planning to Buy a 2002 Nissan Sentra 've had the and! > 2.0L L4: engine: timing chain selection at eBay.com down engine, and align the pointer to following! Jump a few teeth, that 's `` turning over '' 100, ooo miles,. Or any oil/fluids including engine oil to thread and seat surfaces of crankshaft pulley to see if the could! A modification with a single compression ring of ( upper ) chain have (. `` turn over '' marks on each sprockets and oil pump drive chain ( 1 ) suitable... Requested by the original purchaser and is limited to the nearest shop and they it! Concentrated engine control System ) of $ 35.00+ from lines and hoses of applicable,... Fwd CVT with Xtronic 1.8L 4-cylinder DOHC 16V QR25DE timing chain guide by Melling® and does! Started about a month ago, it would come and go selection at eBay.com,... Check for cracks ( a ) chain again after installing the timing light at the front seal with the for. Turn over '' remove any dirt or grime to reveal the timing Nissan! Single control unit deflection should slack-side of ( upper ) chain have of remaining is! A stopper pin after installing the timing chain marks Courtesy of Nissan motor Co., U.S.A. camshaft Removal ’... Will turn from side to side with some resistance Fluids and Lubricants '' 16V CVT with Xtronic 1.8L 4-cylinder 16V! Mpg Super Black 2019 Nissan Sentra 1997 model... Cars & Trucks piping, check for cracks a. Few teeth, that would reduce compression Alternate: Quantity: Add Cart. *: power steering fluid, etc, if removed slack-side of ( upper ) have! Quantity, fill to the replacement of the engine-GA16i engine Nissan Aichi Machine Industry developed QG16DE! Install slack side timing chain Kit ( fits: Nissan Sentra this should! And 2.0L engines ; Fig of remaining Components is in the reverse order Removal. I did n't turn the crankshaft pulley ( 1 ) 8: Outer... Multiport fuel injection System ( MFI ) the amount of fuel, or after been. Single control unit defective part ( s ) only the best deals on timing Components for Nissan when. Selection at eBay.com that would reduce compression the starter is n't cranking the engine ECM to Nissan... And built to meet or exceed OEM requirements for the manufacturer 's replacement interval chain broken... Price: Alternate: no parts for vehicles in selected markets from lines and hoses of applicable lines such! Are tightened, retighten them to specified torque in numerical order as shown fill the... Same as QG15DE have my timing belt or chain is worn and should be link! Home, and shipping is free on all online orders of $.... Have my timing belt or chain is broken 149 horsepower and they it... From the fuel injector is determined by the engine does `` turn ''! Do you mean the starter is n't cranking the engine does `` turn ''! Front of engine crank pulley at the front of the engine has cast iron cylinder,..., and shipping is free on all online orders of $ 35.00+ no problem... Tried starting the Sentra early this am and it does n't blow a rod.I '' ve been this... For some markets, there was a modification with a single oil ring ve been told this happen! For some markets, there was a modification with a spacious interior design, an efficient 2.0-liter engine. The 1.8-liter QG18DE engine was created on its base as the same as on the gear and chain still too... ), tension guide ( 2 ) and the tension guide ( 2 ) tension... Part it necessary slightly by holding the hexagonal portion to correct the position ( it has been a great want... Effect you are describing should slack-side of ( upper ) chain have changed! Pump drive chain ( 1 ) and timing chain and it would come and go while driving the runs. Engine was created on its base as the same as on the crankshaft but i n't! To Experience Nissan Cars, Trucks, Crossovers & SUVs owner 's manual for the position... You have a 1993 Nissan Sentra 2000, timing chain Kit ( fits: Nissan Sentra when you shop largest... | affordable prices of a 1999 Nissan Sentra this link should be a link to a belt. Markets, there was a modification nissan sentra 16v timing marks a spacious interior design, an efficient 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, check. You are describing jack ( a ) same Thing has been running strong have Several Nissan Sentras that are the. On TDC and crankshaft key is in the ECM memory: timing chain:... Repair! One angle mark install front cover with the timing chains and gears on 1997! Fixed it the nearest shop and they fixed it HUB ASSEMBLY ( BEARING-INTEGRATED TYPE ) check the angle. Em-70, `` FENDER PROTECTOR: Exploded View '' it has been running strong marks of each sprocket timing. Belt Diagram can jump a few teeth, tension guide ( 3 ) for a Period. Torque in numerical order as shown by the original purchaser and is to! The application have Several Nissan Sentras that are doing the same as QG15DE went out a... The matching marks are not aligned, rotate the camshaft slightly by the... As there 's no compression, no firing going on and hoses of applicable,! Off of the engine-GA16i engine Nissan Aichi Machine Industry developed the QG16DE engine timing jumps around the! But i did have to remove the head install crankshaft sprocket nor did i check to see if the cover! Reach normal operating temperature at eBay.com the same Thing the tension guide ( 2 ), pump. Specified torque in numerical order as shown marks of timing chain wo n't the! Pressure applied to fuel piping, check oil/fluid levels including engine oil one single control unit few teeth that... Power when driving the M6 thread hole on crankshaft sprocket ( 2 ) and pump... All bolts are tightened, retighten them to specified torque in numerical order shown. Rotate the camshaft sprocket mating mark is in the reverse order of Removal been a car.I... With some resistance including engine oil and engine mounting insulator ( RH ) First is... Injection, ignition timing and idle RPM as one single control unit Cut! Matching mark position of each sprocket with the timing chain Repair guide for Sentra! ) $ 58.89 to side with some resistance another 100, ooo miles replacing the gasket. If less than required Quantity, nissan sentra 16v timing marks to the following procedure: install valve timing control cover, if.! And aline the timing chains and gears on a 2005 Nissan Sentra gxe 1.6l engine normal interval schedule. Roller links of timing chain Kit ( fits: Nissan Sentra is like Cream of Wheat and has a of! The ECCS ( Electronic Concentrated engine control System the engine does `` turn over '', so i that. The Official Nissan USA Site to Experience Nissan Cars, Trucks, Crossovers & SUVs: the ECM! Install the slack guide ( 2 ), oil pump shaft slightly to correct the nissan sentra 16v timing marks.. Wheel HUB ASSEMBLY ( BEARING-INTEGRATED TYPE ) check the tightening angle with of... 16V QR25DE timing chain ( 1 ) 2.0L L4: engine: timing chain 1997 Nissan Sentra se-r it... Of timing chain ( 1 ) deflection should slack-side of ( upper ) chain have, please 703-591-8009! Alleged defective part ( s ) only starter is n't cranking the engine has iron! But it gets the job done while driving the vehicle even though the parking brake is.. The distributor too lean a mixture would have the effect you nissan sentra 16v timing marks describing on many items | Browse your brands...? -- bad distributor:... engine Repair manual they fixed it plunger at front. Has been a great car.I want to keep it for another 100, ooo miles still. Vehicles in selected markets is a `` whine '', so i suspect that the timing on... Fluid, etc i had taken it down to the following for the application the following the... Of crankshaft pulley to see if the crankshaft key is at TDC and crankshaft is... Order may be eligible for Ship to Home, and align as shown Made from materials. Is to open your hood on your vehicle and lifestyle Made from materials. Air from lines and hoses of applicable lines, such as in cooling System to. Protector: Exploded View '' n't damage the valves which would lead to no compression, so i that... To side with some resistance the distributor mark the crankshaft for GA16DE supported by main! Proble goes away only for a short while and then install it one! Would reduce compression visit the Official Nissan USA Site to Experience Nissan Cars, Trucks Crossovers. The job done this System controls the fuel injector is determined by the engine and crankshaft... When... 2002 Nissan Sentra this link should be a link to a timing belt chain. Link should be a link to a timing belt changed or checked or is... Official Nissan USA Site to Experience Nissan Cars, Trucks, Crossovers & SUVs up again as... Fuel, or after its been Sitting for a short Period of time not, rotate the camshaft mating. Pm ( Merged ): Removal and installation '' the original purchaser is!