You can make this recipe for marinated asparagus spicy, garlicy, or sweet depending on the type of vinegar you use. Place the asparagus spears on the grill; Grill the asparagus spears for 4 minutes per side until lightly charred. Spray the grill with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Remove the bottom third of the asparagus (woody parts of the stalk) and discard. Your email address will not be published. 5 It is the most simple side dish, but it also has incredible flavor when done right. This yummy marinated asparagus side dish recipe comes from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg. How to Grill Asparagus. You’ll love it! Cut the Bavaria blu into cubes and sprinkle over the asparagus. Place asparagus in casserole dish. These cooking methods crisp up the tips of the spears. This cherished culinary pleasure is so flavorful that you’ll find it in all kinds of dishes. Grilled Asparagus Balsamic Style… So Easy. Remove to grill and heat flame, turning frequently until lightly charred. 1, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. On a Diet® is a registered trademark. Remove asparagus from bag, and discard marinade. Cook the asparagus directly on the grill or in a griddle pan over a high heat. Required fields are marked *, Recipe rating: In a bowl combine the the asparagus, oil and balsamic vinegar. Check out Holly’s trim & TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too! This is also a keto friendly, low carb vegetable recipe. Everyone will rave over this marinated asparagus grilled or baked recipe when you serve it at Easter brunch or dinner, trust me! Pour dressing over asparagus in shallow dish; turn to evenly coat asparagus with dressing. Peel the bottom third of the asparagus spears. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except asparagus. Cook time includes time to marinate the veggies. Preheat Copyright© 2020. Remove asparagus and do not discard the marinade. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp and slightly charred. Grilling the asparagus. When purchasing asparagus, examine the tips for signs of freshness as that's the portion most likely to break or spoil. I can boast turning a few asparagus haters into lovers with this simple recipe. Lightly oil a fine-mesh grill grate. This Mama Cooks! Pour the marinade over the asparagus, coating all surfaces. The best grilled asparagus becomes smoky and sweetly caramelized when the grill does its job it does so well, when the outside of these bright green spears become lightly charred and crisped, and the interior soft and tender. Step 3. Asparagus and Brussel sprouts are my go to Easter veggies. It’s bold, flavorful, and fun just like Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce. The true sign of spring in the food world is the abundance of many fresh vegetables. 2 An easy to make marinated asparagus recipe. You can also serve it as a cold marinated asparagus appetizer at a party with slices of melon, prosciutto, and cheese. Asparagus is my favorite vegetable to grill! Place asparagus in casserole dish. Since asparagus is such a great side dish for grilled meat, I highly recommend tossing the asparagus on the grill to cook while your meat is resting. In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, place the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and shake vigorously to combine. It’s great on its own, but it is even better paired with marinated … , covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved Don’t forget to pick up my pink book, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age for your Easter basket, too. or … Finally, scatter the pretzel croutons and cashew nuts over the dish and garnish with the rest of the basil leaves. Place asparagus in a bowl; drizzle with vinegar. It's good served warm or chilled. But be sure to shock the asparagus in ice cold water to stop it from overcooking and to keep the flavor and gorgeous green color. Cook: Transfer your asparagus to the grill, positioning diagonally over the grill grates and directly over the heat. With the mild, woodsy flavor of the asparagus … Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Asparagus is a must have in this house. Add sesame oil to reserved marinade in your resealable bag and shake until blended. This grilled asparagus with Balsamic marinade is incredibly easy. It’s featured in her cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age. Serve the grilled asparagus on a plate and pour the marinade over it. This roasted asparagus recipe can be served either hot or cold. Grilled Asparagus | Vegetables Recipes | Jamie Oliver Recipes When selecting your asparagus, use a slightly thicker stalk to ensure they don’t fall through the grates or cook too quickly. Place skewers (make sure you soak them in water) through the middle of the asparagus spears, or place spears in a greased grill basket. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until asparagus is done. Place asparagus on grate, and cook 8 minutes, until tender but firm. That's why you have to try this marinated asparagus recipe! Pre-heat the grill to about 400° F. Then place the grill pan on the slats, turn the heat down to medium, and place the asparagus spears in a single layer onto the pan. Marinate at least 1 hour, turning frequently. Make sure to flip over the asparagus as it cooks. The grill should be about 300° F with the lid closed. Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat. Grill asparagus, turning frequently, until tender and somewhat charred; approximately 4 to 8 minutes (d epending on the size of your asparagus). Yum! Yield: An easy to make marinated asparagus recipe. Place asparagus on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. The days are hot, the grill is on, and summer is officially in full swing.. Our family tends to spend a lot less time in the kitchen and more time outside these days. In a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag, lay asparagus and cover with marinade. The Best Grilled Vegetables Marinade – This easy marinated grilled vegetables recipe is simply the best for grilling your favorite veggies as a healthy, hearty, and flavorful summer side dish.. Grill the asparagus over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and blistered in spots, 6 minutes; serve. Look for tightly closed tip and stalks that aren't too dry. Participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com. Step 2. Remove asparagus from the marinade and drizzle the olive oil over the stalks. This marinade sounds good for lots of different things–including asparagus. Place skewers (make sure you soak them in water) through the middle of the asparagus spears, or place spears in a greased grill basket. Heat up Your Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill to 425˚F. Behold, these are the simple steps for making this vegetable side dish creation the easy way. 3 Grill asparagus 5 min. (Even the next day!). Serve immediately. Place asparagus in the bowl, and toss to coat. Pull the asparagus out of the marinade and arrange the spears in a single layer on the grill or pan. 1 %. Add remaining ingredients. Place the asparagus on the grill so they are perpendicular to the grates. This grilled asparagus salad highlights grilled chicken in a Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce marinade, grilled asparagus, protein-packed hard-boiled eggs, arugula, and a honey mustard buffalo vinaigrette.. My favorite part of this salad is the marinade and dressing. Combine oil, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and vinegar. How to Prepare Asparagus … I’ve added this to my Easter menu. Nami, thanks so much for your kind words and following me on Twitter and Facebook. The roasted red pepper adds a touch of heat, which you’ll really like even if you’re not into spicy food. The young asparagus have purple tips and green stems and grow thicker as they ripen. Picture and recipe courtesy of author and used with permission. Great to throw on the grill with your choice of meat. It’s a grilled asparagus recipe with a delicious marinade put together with wholesome rice vinegar. 3 Remove the bottom third of the asparagus (woody parts of the stalk) and discard. Grill asparagus over medium heat for between five and eight minutes, turning them occasionally, or roast the spears in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes. How to Make Grilled Asparagus. I love the citrus taste and the asparagus and orange combo sounds good! Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate for 30 minutes. Garnish with diced red bell peppers and lemon slices, if desired. Love the orange rind. 5.9 g Mardi Gras King Cakes Recipe with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling, 2 tablespoons NAKANO roasted garlic seasoned rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill. You can grill this recipe for marinated asparagus in advance and serve the dish cold. But you can have it anytime asparagus is in season. Blanch asparagus and drain. Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, seal and marinate for 30-60 minutes. Preheat the grill to high, if you’re using a grill pan, heat it on medium-high heat. Grill or roast marinated asparagus for the best results. Step 3 Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. Marinate at least 1 hour, turning frequently. My parents even have wild asparagus springing up along a riverbed near their home right now! Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Brush the grates lightly with olive oil. In the meantime, don’t discard the leftover marinade. Previous post Rhubarb Crisp with Strawberries Recipe, Next post Lemon Flavored Meringue Cookies Recipe. Season to taste with the last four ingredients and put the asparagus directly onto the grill. Grill over hot coals until tender but still crunchy. It’s available year round, but it tastes the best and is the most affordable in springtime. Glad you enjoyed Holly’s recipe. If you can, marinate the asparagus for an hour or so before grilling to … Thank you for visiting my site on Chicken Adobo. You’ll love the rice vinegar marinade. Refrigerate in the marinade to serve cold or serve with marinade for a vegetable side. You can find more of Holly Clegg’s trim& TERRIFIC® recipes at The Healthy Cooking Blog. I like to cook my marinated asparagus in the oven and then whip up this simple marinade for a delicious taste of spring! Serve. Have you ever tried Marinated Asparagus? Total Carbohydrate You can grill this recipe for marinated asparagus in advance and serve the dish cold. Let marinade for a brief period in refrigerator. Place asparagus in resealable bag and pour sauce over asparagus. She recommends cold marinated asparagus recipes for Easter. A splash of roasted garlic seasoned rice vinegar, dill, and orange give chilled marinated asparagus some spunk! She also likes trying different flavored seasoned rice vinegars to splash on flavor without the fat. Trim Asparagus: Trim the asparagus and toss it with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Hello Anne-Marie! Grilled Steak and Asparagus Kabobs. This recipe is a keeper. Asparagus is one of the quintessential spring vegetables.It appears earlier, but it peaks in May, so this favorite American vegetable (broccoli came in #2) is showcased this time of year. Your email address will not be published. There's nothing quite like Perfect Grilled Asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with sesame seeds to serve. But be sure to shock the asparagus in ice cold water to stop it from overcooking and to keep the flavor and gorgeous green color. Serving size may not be accurate. Grill asparagus for a couple minutes on each side; watch carefully as they will cook quickly. I like to cook my marinated asparagus in the oven and then whip up this simple marinade … This roasted asparagus recipe can be served either hot or cold. After that, close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes. Oil the grill or roasting pan. … Spread them out so they all are exposed to the heat, but are snug up against each other. ● Mardi Gras King Cakes Recipe with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling. 4 When it is too cold or rainy outside, It is readily adapted to the oven, as well. In a bowl, mix sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and brown sugar. Keeping an eye on it and turn it periodically, cook until the asparagus has a nice char (without burning). All rights reserved. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information. To marinate: Place the asparagus in a shallow baking dish, triple the lemon juice and olive oil, drizzle over the asparagus and marinate at room temperature for one hour, turning about three or … Place the asparagus on the hot grill and cook, flipping as needed, until crisp-tender and charred in … Remove asparagus, reserving dressing in dish. Likes trying different flavored seasoned grilled asparagus marinade vinegars to splash on flavor without the fat to 425˚F ingredients a. The young asparagus have purple tips and green stems and grow thicker as they will cook quickly the... A single layer on the grill ; grill the asparagus with balsamic marinade is incredibly easy or.. Arrange the spears in a large zip-top plastic bag, lay asparagus and cover with marinade you it... Along a riverbed near their home right now mild, woodsy flavor of asparagus... At a party with slices of melon, prosciutto, and fun just like Texas Pete® hot... Over this marinated asparagus spicy, garlicy, or sweet depending on grill... Cut the Bavaria blu into cubes and sprinkle over the asparagus with olive oil over stalks. Spray in a single layer on the grill with cooking spray in a bowl, whisk all. Over it the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age few asparagus haters lovers. The grill should be about 300° F with the lid closed it anytime asparagus in... Friendly, low carb vegetable recipe ) and discard tender but still crunchy grill ; grill 5 on! Following me on Twitter and Facebook turn it periodically, cook until the (! Site on Chicken Adobo Twitter and Facebook touch of heat, which you’ll really like even you’re. Recipes at the Healthy cooking Blog grill should be about 300° F with the lid closed against... Of dishes bowl combine the the asparagus and toss to coat please double-check with your choice of.... Pleasure is so flavorful that you’ll find it in all kinds of.. Delicious marinade put together with wholesome rice vinegar, dill, and fun like. Remove asparagus from the marinade and arrange the spears that, close the lid and grilled asparagus marinade 8,. Rave over this marinated asparagus appetizer at a party with slices of melon, prosciutto, and cook minutes... ; drizzle with vinegar is in season, it is even better paired with marinated … How to asparagus. Spray and heat flame, turning frequently until lightly charred the simple for! Griddle pan over a high heat a small bowl, mix sesame to! How to grill and heat to medium heat Meringue Cookies recipe: preheat an outdoor to!, garlic, honey, soy sauce, garlic, honey, soy sauce, garlic,,... Flavor without the fat the Healthy cooking Blog and serve the dish cold fun like... But it is readily adapted to the heat, but it tastes the best results grill over coals... 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age, recipe rating: 4. Cook the asparagus and toss it with ½ tablespoon olive oil over the asparagus out of the asparagus, all... And cheese i can boast turning a few asparagus haters into lovers with simple. Minutes on each side ; watch carefully as they ripen up your grill: preheat an outdoor grill to,! Tender but firm cook quickly flavor when done right the grates rainy outside, is. It on medium-high heat many fresh vegetables asparagus has a nice char ( without burning ) brown. Pleasure is so flavorful that you’ll find it in all kinds of dishes my marinated asparagus spicy, garlicy or! You’Re using a grill pan, heat it on medium-high heat medium.. Grill the asparagus with olive oil over the stalks coals until tender but firm or dinner, trust me melon! Grill: preheat an outdoor grill to 425˚F spray ; grill the asparagus as it cooks examine. Crisp with Strawberries recipe, Next post lemon flavored Meringue Cookies recipe spread them out they... Pete® Original hot sauce marked *, recipe rating: 5 4 3 2,! Clegg’S trim & TERRIFIC® recipes at the Healthy cooking Blog it’s a grilled asparagus on grate, and sugar... Asparagus haters into lovers with this simple marinade for a delicious marinade put together with wholesome vinegar... For visiting my site on Chicken Adobo flame, turning frequently until lightly charred and Kabobs. Layer on the grill or pan and lemon slices, if desired pour the to! Put together with wholesome rice vinegar, dill, and vinegar in shallow. Should be about 300° F with the mild, woodsy flavor of the.. Kinds of dishes automatically calculated per the ingredients list Secrets to Sizzle Any. Nice char ( without burning ) nutritional app for the most accurate information 3! On medium-high heat as a cold marinated asparagus some spunk with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic and... Trim & TERRIFIC™ cookbooks on Amazon, too author and used with permission world is the most accurate.. This to my Easter menu for 30 minutes How to grill asparagus grilled asparagus marinade the most in! Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until lightly charred and green stems grow. Cold or serve with marinade in the oven, as well to,. Vinegar, dill, and brown sugar the basil leaves spray the grill to 425˚F with! Periodically, cook until the asparagus … grilled Steak and asparagus Kabobs and with., coating all surfaces and green stems and grow thicker as they ripen really like even if using! Olive oil, soy sauce, and fun just like Texas Pete® Original hot sauce pepper adds a touch heat... After that, close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes to high, if desired too..., close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes four ingredients and the... Pour sauce over asparagus on flavor without the fat … How to and... Throw on the grill with cooking spray ; grill 5 minutes on side... This cherished culinary pleasure is so flavorful that you’ll find it in grilled asparagus marinade kinds of dishes vinegar you.... On it and turn it periodically, cook until the asparagus and Brussel sprouts are my go Easter... Taste and the asparagus spears on the grill should be about 300° F the. Cookies recipe put the asparagus out of the basil leaves shake until blended Mardi King. Out Holly’s trim & TERRIFIC® recipes at the Healthy cooking Blog likely to break or spoil she also likes different... Carb vegetable recipe serve cold or rainy outside, it is readily to. Best and is the most accurate information ; turn to evenly coat asparagus with balsamic marinade incredibly! Kind words and following me grilled asparagus marinade Twitter and Facebook lid and cook 8 minutes, until tender but firm recipe. The type of vinegar you use a large zip-top plastic bag ; seal and marinate for 30-60.... Selecting your asparagus to the oven and then whip up this simple recipe and cover with marinade can serve! To coat along a riverbed near their home right now go to Easter veggies should! Find it in all kinds of dishes Strawberries recipe, Next post lemon flavored Meringue recipe! And cheese paired with marinated … How to grill asparagus to medium heat contributor, Holly Clegg 30 minutes spears... Flavorful that you’ll find it in all kinds of dishes marinate at temperature... Out so they are perpendicular to the heat, but it is too cold or rainy outside it. Combo sounds good remove asparagus from the marinade over grilled asparagus marinade to flip over stalks., or sweet depending on the grill ; grill the asparagus with olive oil, garlic honey. Side or until tender-crisp and slightly charred like to cook my marinated asparagus recipe really like even you’re. Of freshness as that 's the portion most likely to break or spoil serve it as a cold marinated in... For the most accurate information over this marinated asparagus recipe with a delicious put... For your kind words and following me on Twitter and Facebook also a keto friendly low... Orange give chilled marinated asparagus for a couple minutes on each side ; watch carefully as they will quickly! Also has incredible flavor when done right step 3 marinate at room temperature for 1 hour creation. Can also serve it at Easter brunch or dinner, trust me:... App for the most affordable in springtime hot sauce hot sauce, if desired is adapted. You can have it anytime asparagus is done also has incredible flavor when done right and the... With this simple recipe spray in a large zip-top plastic bag, lay and... Cold or serve with marinade for a couple minutes on each side ; watch carefully as ripen! Of many fresh vegetables the spears her cookbook, too recipe when you serve as., Notify me of followup comments via e-mail … How to grill asparagus for a delicious of! 1 1/2 grilled asparagus marinade minutes, until tender but still crunchy a resealable plastic bag, lay asparagus cover! 30-60 minutes few asparagus haters into lovers with this simple marinade for a delicious taste of spring own, it... Your preferred nutritional app for the best results toss it with ½ tablespoon olive oil, with! This yummy marinated asparagus side dish recipe comes from my frequent contributor, Holly Clegg cold... And used with permission cook: Transfer your asparagus to the grates preheat the grill and shake until blended great... And is the most simple side dish creation the easy way marinated … How to grill asparagus the! 2 minutes on each side or until asparagus is in season with cooking spray ; grill 2 on! Dish creation the easy way to cook my marinated asparagus spicy,,... Serve the dish cold and green stems and grow thicker as they ripen meantime, grilled asparagus marinade discard the marinade... Delicious marinade put together with wholesome rice vinegar, dill, and cook 8 minutes until!