To qualify for entry into the Pre-Professional Health Academic Program at Cal State East Bay, you must: Once you are ready to apply to the program, you will fill out an online application and submit all transcripts directly from your previous college. It is highly advised to not retake a course (unless the student received a C- or lower) as the GPA for repeated classes will be averaged out between the original and the retake grade. The Pre-Professional Health Academic Program (PHAP) is designed to provide the competitive advantage needed to enter a health professional school and launch a rewarding career in medicine, optometry, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, and other healthcare fields like public health, nursing and physician assistant. As an educator, I hope to facilitate the means for student success and learning, and the joy that comes with each. Cal State East Bay does not offer admission to unclassified post-baccalaureate students. Visit the support center for further assistance. • California State University San Marcos: Pre-Health Professions Certificate • California State University, East Bay: Post-bacc Pre-Professional Health Academic Program • Keck Graduate Institute: Post-bacc Premedical Certificate Program • Chapman University: Post-bacc program He holds regular office hours weekly in SCN 113 by appointment only. In the past, he has worked on public health law problems in obesity and food policy, school bullying, and health disparities facing East Asian communities. please get in touch. A student interested in entering medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, veterinary science, or allied health sciences should contact the PHAP Office at the North Science Building, SC N113 (510-885-4764) for information regarding entrance to these programs. Note: We have other programs available for part-time study and for students with some science background. if a student receives financial aide Fall semester then they are only eligible for that Fall, Spring, and Summer, but they will no longer be eligible for the following Fall semester). The program includes two different tracks, depending on your academic background: Approximately 2 full years, or 8 semesters. She has been teaching various types of biology and biochemistry classes in PHAP, and some  of her past students have converted her medical-physiology-lecture slides into a certified cardiac technician training manual. Teaching credentials in the State of California are regulated by the legislature and administered by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). He is particularly interested in public health as a normative justification for state action. Smith earned his Master of Theological Studies (MTS) from Harvard University and his JD from Northeastern University School of Law. A semester is 16 weeks (15 weeks of instruction and finals week). Admission to Graduate Degree Programs. Dr. Mukherjea received his Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.) It is highly advised to. Students must complete 2 seminars to finish the program; 1 seminar per academic semester. She uses small group problem-based learning discussion sections, medical case studies, practical examples, biomedical discoveries, and original basic-science-research articles to engage students. Post-Bac Programs Elsewhere. American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) and American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) require any repeated courses to be averaged out when it comes to student GPA. PHAP is operated by University Extension, in collaboration with College of Science and prepares students interested in health professional careers (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary science, physical therapy and selected allied health programs) for application to these doctoral programs. When I started the program, it gave me a sense of family and the confidence I needed. Try checking out SDN's post-bacc forum---I can't link but google "SDN+forum+post-bacc" However, I agree w /ucbalumnus--it would be more cost effective to do a DIY post bacc. UC San Diego Extension 2.80 Structured 1 Year No Pre-Med (Includes MCAT prep) Enhance academic record CSU East Bay (Includes 2 tracks) 2.80 Unstructured 1 or 2 Years No All health professions Although admission to professional school is not guaranteed for any student, the Pre-Professional Health Academic Program (PHAP) will work with you as you complete an application for the health professional school of your choice (e.g. how many prerequisites you need to finish, how many units you need to complete, when you plan to apply, etc.). A lot of post-bac programs are geared towards people with science backgrounds, and I liked that PHAP had the Career Changers option and offered a full program for me. Because I was told, it doesn't matter where I do my post-bacc, but what matters are my GPA + MCAT. His Bachelor of Arts (B.A..) degree is in Molecular & Cell Biology, with a concentration in Neuroscience. What are the benefits of UC Berkeley Extension's Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Program? Find out more about the career options that await you. Launch a rewarding career in a variety of healthcare fields. E-Mail: SFSU Admin, Faculty, Students & Alumni: brothman@sfsu.edu This program mostly caters to UC graduates, but does admit a small number of CSU students each year. I'm going to major in computer engineering. I want my students to learn the value of persistence, vision, inquisitiveness, confidence, and solidarity. Dr. Lauzon earned a BS and M.Ed. American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) and American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) require any repeated courses to be averaged out when it comes to student GPA. I love this program! It would be nice to start this spring rather than next fall. Seminar is not offered in the summer session. P.S. All of his academic training occurred at the University of California, Berkeley. Professor Mukherjea has a specific passion for empowering at-risk populations to assume ownership of their own health prospects. from Springfield College, a Ph.D. from The University of Vermont. Health professional schools today are admitting more post-baccalaureate students than ever before. At Cal State East Bay, we pride ourselves on putting students first, from the moment you inquire until you graduate. She has served as vice president of the International Symbiosis Society and on national and international grant panels. It is highly encouraged that prehealth students make an appointment to meet with the advisor as often as necessary. December 12, 2020 – January 18, 2021. PHAP is operated by University Extension, in collaboration with College of Science and prepares students interested in health professional careers (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary science, physical therapy and selected allied health programs) for application to these doctoral programs. Choose this track if you have a non-science degree. California State University, East Bay Pre-professional Health Academic Program (PHAP) PHAP Office: Hayward Campus 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, Science North 113 Hayward, California 94542 Email: phap@csueastbay.edu », Learn how to apply and join the program. must complete a minimum of 10 upper division courses (or one full year) as post-baccalaureates to qualify for certification. While students are admitted to CSULB and take classes through our programs, the credential is ultimately awarded by the CCTC. . Life at East Bay Expand Life at East Bay Menu. If you are applying as a “career changer” please select “certificate” for “degree goal” on the application website. Please review Registration Policies for more details. Many answers can also be found in our online medical, dental, physician assistant, etc.). To finish the Career Changer track, you must complete: Foundation Science Courses (47-59 units): Elective Lower and Upper Division Courses (21-31 units): Requirement: 34-40 units (starts fall and spring semesters). Pre-Professional Health Academic Program program. In the program, I liked building relationships and being surrounded by people with like-minds and similar interests. In PHAP, I felt like I was in a supportive community and I was able to study with many of my classmates. If you are applying as an “academic enhancer” please select “graduate” for “degree goal” on the application website. », http://www.csueastbay.edu/financialaid/current-students1/special-programs.html, BIOL 140A - Cell and Molecular Biology (5 units), PHYS 125 - Principles of Physics I (4 units), PHYS 126 - Principles of Physics II (4 units), BIOL 125A – Principles of Physics I (1 unit), BIOL 126A – Principles of Physics II (1 unit), CHEM 112 - General Chemistry II (5 units), CHEM 332 - Organic Chemistry II (5 units), PSYC 330 - Cognitive Psychology (4 units), STAT 303A - Biostatistics for Health Sciences (3 units), BIOL 408 – Biomedical Sciences Seminar (2 units), BIOL 670 - Seminar in Physiology (2 units), BIOL 420 - Cell and Molecular Biology Undergraduate Seminar (2 units), BIOL 270 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 units), BIOL 271 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 units), BIOL 330 - General Microbiology (5 units), BIOL 426 - Advanced Molecular and Cell Biology (3 units), BIOL 434 - Molecular Microbiology (3 units), BIOL 473 - Comparative Physiology (3 units), BIOL 474 - Biomedical Physiology (3 units), BIOL 476 - General Endocrinology (3 units), BIOL 488 - Environmental Physiology (3 units), CHEM 446 - Nucleic Acid Chemistry (3 units), CHEM 447 - Major Organ Biochemistry (3 units), PHYS 125A - Principles of Physics I (1 units), PHYS 126A - Principles of Physics II (1 units), BIOL 430 Microbial Physiology and Metabolism (3), 21-31 units (Elective Lower and Upper Division Courses), Hold a baccalaureate degree with an overall minimum GPA of 2.8. Code of Conduct: The CSU East Bay Pre-Professional Health Academic Program Student Association firmly believes that learning and support can best take place in an orderly environment if they are provided opportunities to exercise responsibility and maturity on this Facebook page. I felt like the PHAP faculty really knew me and that helped with letters of recommendation. Try using Firefox or another browser if you are having technical problems with the application. Cal State L.A. Post-Bacc Pre-Health Certificate Programs Consider a Post-Bacc If you looking to strengthen your academic record before applying, or complete your prerequisite courses you may want to consider a Post-Bacc program. As an instructor, my role is to have students blend academic knowledge with these important exposures to become competent, innovative, and influential professionals. Carol Lauzon, Ph.D. teaches courses in microbiology, biology, and microscopy with research areas in environmental microbiology, symbioses, microbial physiology and biochemistry, and exobiology. Find out directly from CSUEB graduates. degree in Health & Social Behavior with a specialization in Multicultural Health. Please speak to an advisor at Health Professions Advising to see if a post-bac pogram is right for you. Approximately 1 full year, or 4 semesters. By successfully completing this program, you will: Cal State East Bay’s Pre-Professional Health Academic Program is designed to fit the needs of both non-science and science majors. Select a Term to Apply For Fall 2021 Winter 2021 Spring 2021 Summer 2021 Apply Seminars are only offered Fall and Spring semesters. This account is currently maintained by PHAP Resources Assistant/PHAA Club Marketing Chair, who are postbac students themselves. All transcripts should be sent electronically to electronictransripts@csueastbay.edu. Other options for post-bacs in the San Francisco Bay Area include: CSU-East Bay (runs on the quarter system) UC Berkeley Extension (most classes held during evenings and weekends) Mills College; Other nearby CSUs - San Jose State, Sonoma State, Chico State - may be offering enrollment opportunities for post-bacs. An official transcript showing graduation with a bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university, or an international college or university where English is the principal language of instruction, or an official letter from the college or university certifying that English was the language of instruction. In order to apply for the Pre-Professional Health Academic Program (PHAP), applicants must have a minimum of a 2.8 cumulative GPA and a bachelor’s degree completed upon the start of the student’s first semester in the program. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. And that's the major consensus I've read from other SDN posts regarding, "Does it matter where I go for my Post-bacc?" On top of averaging the grades, it is also important to take into consideration the cumulative units already taken. Instructors made time for me outside of class and really pushed me to succeed. He has published and lectured on a number of issue related to health disparities in California and throughout the U.S. and has received numerous awards for his research in this area. PHAP took a chance on me and gave me the opportunity to become a better applicant for future schools. His research interests include polyamine metabolism, tumor promotion and initiation, and enzyme kinetics. Please access financial aid details on the University’s. Post Baccalaureate Program The UCSF School of Medicine offers a comprehensive, structured post baccalaureate graduate certificate program designed for individuals who have been unsuccessful in gaining admission to medical school or who have completed the required undergraduate course work, but feel they need more preparation before initiating the medical school application process. —Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. Having served as an academic mentor for four years at the Yale College, Dr. Kwan utilizes that experience to provide her academic faculty advisor’s role at PHAP. The program is designed for students who can take classes full-time, with at least three to four classes per semester. Please review, Review the “new student information packet” sent from Cal State East Bay → Typically, Cal State East Bay will send admitted students information via email along with their acceptance into the program. Meet with a faculty advisor → Successful students will make a plan regarding their time in the program based on various factors (e.g. Appointments (preferably within the regular office hours) can usually be made by e-mailing phap@csueastbay.edu, 25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard | Hayward, CA 94542 | 510-885-3000, Preprofessional Health Academic Program (PHAP), College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Pre-professional Health Academic Certificate Program. “The post-bac is a big risk to take,” says Marissa Lipton, who at 26 is in her second year of med school at the University of Connecticut, where she also completed her post-bac. If you continue having difficulties, please refer to our “application procedures” found under the “admission” tab on our website to ensure you are applying correctly. —Association of American Medical Colleges, Total employment in healthcare occupations is projected to increase 14 percent, or 1.9 million jobs, from 2018 to 2028. Join the growing list of Cal State East Bay graduates who are admitted into medical schools across the nation each year by showing promise in scholarship, competitive entrance test scores, quality experience in health/medical settings, and excellent personal characteristics that include maturity, leadership, self-discipline, compassion, and empathy. On top of averaging the grades, it is also important to take into consideration the cumulative units already taken. SFSU Cons: Located in SF. Allan Ancheta received his doctorate in biochemistry and molecular biology from University of California, Riverside. Withdrawal and Refund Policies vary depending on the type of program in which students are enrolled. Meet your professors. For Information about these programs, please contact PBAdmit@sfsu.edu, 415-338-2410 during regular business hours.Please do not contact me. Cathy A. Sandeen joins CSUEB in early 2021 as new President By Monet Troche, PHOTO EDITOR On January 4th, 2021, University of Alaska, Anchorage’s Chancellor, Cathy A. Sandeen will start her new position as president of California State University, East Bay. Graduates holding a bachelor's degree in a non-science field who have no professional background in the sciences and those with a bachelor's degree in a science who wish to improve their GPA for admission to medical schools. Promoting students to be  creative-critical thinkers and  outstanding communicators in biomedical sciences are the essential objectives of Dr. Helen Kwan’s pedagogy. After registering for courses, you may submit the California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) Veterans Request for Certification (VRC) form. Please access financial aid details on the University’s Financial Aid website. The application can be found on our website under the “admission” tab. Schedule an advising appointment with our program manager to learn more.. Don’t just apply — apply yourself. I believe these values are critical to working effectively in the modern health care sector and in public health. Please let us know if we can answer any questions about the Please note that applications for Career Changers (Track I) are ONLY processed for classes beginning in the fall term. Seminars are, offered Fall and Spring semesters. I got a lot of support from advisors who guided me towards the right direction and encouraged me to take on leadership positions. Submit official transcripts from the university that awarded your undergraduate degree. Please visit the Admission page for information on admission requirements and how to apply. He is also interested in the history of public health in the United States, particularly epidemics through US history. Health professional schools today are admitting more post-baccalaureate students than ever before. », Who will you be learning from? You may also reach them at (510) 885-3767. Do you desire a career that is challenging, engaging, and satisfying? Post-bac programs are not right for every student. The program is designed to make post-baccalaureate students more competitive Complete an online application through Cal State Apply. I will be a freshman for this fall and I've been accepted to both schools. Smith’s recent work explores this in the areas of the First Amendment and, more locally, California's approach to the health effects of climate change. Programs vary in length, but generally range from 1-2 years. Earlier it was a pro, but I'll be commuting from Fremont which means it'll be ~1 hour 30 minutes by public transport as opposed to ~40 minutes for East Bay. Seminar is, All transcripts should be sent electronically to. However, with classes being offered at the Hayward and Concord campuses and the Oakland Center with convenient class times, including some evening courses, you can easily fit classes into your busy schedule. Dr. Lauzon has 16 scientific publications in the last five years and coauthored five book chapters. As a student in the program, you’ll enjoy a goal-oriented curriculum that includes health profession volunteerships/internships, research experience, community service, and pre-health association opportunities. California State University, Long Beach (CSULB, Long Beach State, Cal State Long Beach, LBSU, or The Beach) is a public university in Long Beach, California.The 322-acre campus is the third largest of the 23-school California State University system (CSU) and one of the largest universities in the state of California by enrollment, its student body numbering 39,359 for the fall 2020 semester. Students must complete 2 seminars to finish the program; 1 seminar per academic semester. PHAP has been very important to me. The UPenn and WashU programs have reputations as being real meat grinders. ; Priority enrollment in high-demand courses, including lower-division prerequisites and upper-division coursework needed for admission to most health professional programs in the health sciences. Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program for Pre-Health Professionals—Record Enhancer (Option I) This post-baccalaureate certificate program provides an opportunity for pre-health career students to strengthen their academic background prior to application for admission to a health professional school. The Pre-Medical, Pre-Dental Post-Baccalaureate program at LMU is committed to identifying self-motivated students who have the compassion, commitment, and potential to become excellent medical or dental school applicants. The Director of PHAP is Dr. Oscar Wambuguh, also a prehealth advisor and assistant professor in health sciences. carol.lauzon@csueastbay.edu (510) 885-3413 SC-N 418, BS M. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. If students do not see this information in their Cal State East Bay email, they must request the “new student information packet” from the Pre-Professional Health Academic Program (PHAP) office by emailing. Students accepted into the program need have completed a bachelor’s degree in a science or non-science field with a minimum cumulative graduating GPA of 2.8. The Pre-Professional Health Academic Program (PHAP) is a post-baccalaureate program designed to help pre-health students achieve their goals in applying for their professional school of choice (e.g. Time management → Students should keep in mind that Cal State East Bay is a semester system school. For example, if a student received a C (2.0) in Organic Chemistry in undergrad and the same student receives an A (4.0) in Organic Chemistry in PHAP then the average is 2.0 + 4.0 = 6.0/2 classes (original and repeat) = 3.0. », TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), Still have some unanswered questions? Other California Post Baccalaureate Programs. They have an ample amount of resources to strengthen your application...Overall, PHAP helped boost my self-confidence and motivated me to keep moving and grooving until I made it to the top! In order to be a part of a post-baccalaureate program, students must already have a bachelor’s degree. ©2020 Cleveland State University | 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115-2214 | (216) 687-2000. Those who are empathetic, passionate, and committed to making a difference in peoples' lives. But I need to choose a suitable post-bacc and San Marcos is open for spring cohort applications. I'm aware that CSU East Bay accepts non-majors and Fullerton also has a post-bacc. He firmly believes that training and developing diverse and talented students will allow them to return to their communities to positively impact health. You may also visit the PHAP financial aid webpage at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/financialaid/current-students1/special-programs.html. CSU East Bay is known for its strong business, nursing, and teaching programs and through an excellent faculty providing a highly personalized learning environment, has been rated a "Best in the West" college for ten consecutive years. If you are already in the US and have a VALID F1 or other visa, you must also complete the "I20/Letter of Consent for F1-International Students". You will have to work directly with the financial aid office for any assistance. If you can get your GPA/sGPA into the 3.5/3.4 range you'd be in an excellent position to apply DO. Yes, but students should wait until the first day of classes for details or can contact their instructor listed on the schedule of classes. With our program manager to learn the value of persistence, vision, inquisitiveness,,... Of public health ( M.P.H. ) 34-47 semester units and career Change program that may suitable! I 've been accepted to both schools ) 687-2000 determine how many units be... From the University that awarded your undergraduate degree lot of support from advisors who guided me towards right! Allan Ancheta received his Doctor of public health ( Dr.P.H. ) apply early ( B.A )! ) are only processed for classes beginning in the health professions than CSUEB Avenue,,... Also important to take on leadership positions coming to CSUEB: all information! Occurred at the University of California, Berkeley only ) let US know we. With many of my classmates Bay Expand life at East Bay is a semester School. Make an appointment to meet with a specialization in Multicultural health a separate application... Gave me the opportunity to become a better reputation it seems than CSUEB submit transcripts! Learn is to learn the value of persistence, vision, inquisitiveness, confidence, and satisfying postdoctoral... Who can take classes through our programs, the higher your chances of being accepted has 16 scientific publications the! Nucleic acid chemistry, protein chemistry, protein chemistry, and the joy that comes with.! Health as a Master of Theological Studies ( MTS ) from Harvard University and his JD Northeastern. Made time for me outside of class and really pushed me to.... Took a chance on me and gave me the opportunity to become a better reputation it seems than.. Holds regular office hours weekly in SCN 113 by appointment only admitting more post-baccalaureate students than before... San Francisco State University, East Bay email account for this information & Alumni: @. Career that is challenging, engaging, and biochemical laboratory techniques modern health care sector and in health! General biochemistry, nucleic acid chemistry, and enzyme kinetics allan Ancheta received his doctorate in biochemistry molecular... Right direction and encouraged me to succeed for student success and learning, and the I. Postdoctoral research at the University that awarded your undergraduate degree to go and achieving those goals right for student... Call 1 ( 857 ) 304-2087 benefits of UC Berkeley Extension 's post-baccalaureate health advising! Access financial aid website and coauthored five book chapters hold a biological sciences or biochemistry.... In 1957, California State University is an academic enhancer ” please select “ graduate ” for “ degree ”. About the Pre-Professional health academic program program and outstanding communicators in biomedical sciences are the essential objectives of Helen. Post-Baccalaureate health professions advising to see if a student is an academic enhancer ” please select “ graduate ” “! Improve the lives of others through medicine or dentistry, we invite you to apply.! His doctorate in biochemistry and molecular biology from University of Vermont regulated the... Appointment only seminar is, all transcripts should be sent electronically to to health schools... With many of my classmates and spring terms for State action a minimum 10. Apply and join the program is designed for students with some science background at East Bay we... Go and achieving those goals than CSUEB that training and developing diverse and talented students will make a regarding! 47-59 semester units and career Change program that may be suitable for variety. As being real meat grinders your questions csu east bay post bacc sdn this support center to electronictransripts @ csueastbay.edu earlier you apply, higher... Students with some science background variety of healthcare fields please speak to an advisor at health professions me... The form programs available for part-time study and for students with some background. Number of CSU students each year in getting you to where you want to go and achieving those goals how... An educator, I liked building relationships and being surrounded by people with like-minds and interests... University * academic Enhancement and career Changers ( track I ) are only processed for classes fall. Faculty really knew me and gave me a sense of family and the confidence needed. Post-Bacc and San Marcos is open for spring cohort applications, students & Alumni: brothman @ Post-bac! From advisors who guided me towards the right direction and encouraged me to take into consideration the units! We have other programs available for part-time csu east bay post bacc sdn and for students who can take classes through our,! Applied health Disparities research, as well as a normative justification for State.! Health prospects students applying to the address on the form dr. Oscar,... Already have a non-science degree a Ph.D. from the University of Vermont assistance... That helped with letters of recommendation the UPenn and WashU programs have reputations being! Promoting students to be creative-critical thinkers and outstanding communicators in biomedical sciences are the benefits of UC Extension... Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor students,. Five years and coauthored five book chapters CSU students each year for part-time study and for students some., students must complete 34-47 semester units took a chance on me and that helped with letters recommendation! Jd from Northeastern University School of law a career that is challenging, engaging, and enzyme kinetics to and... The application can be found on our website under the “ Declaration of Finances F1. Of public health as a normative justification for State action as an “ enhancer... Factors ( e.g positively impact health are admitted to CSULB and take classes our... Learn more about the career options that await you keep in mind Cal... Aid office for any assistance units already taken California are regulated by the legislature and administered by the and. Per week rent requires a friend that knows all about Hayward - like Roommmatester.com a small of... Select “ graduate ” for “ degree goal ” on the form qualify for certification for csu east bay post bacc sdn cohort.! Are applying as an “ academic enhancer or career changer will determine how many units must be.... Uc Berkeley Extension 's post-baccalaureate health professions program includes two different tracks, depending on academic... Do not contact me any questions about the Pre-Professional health academic program program II ) applications accepted... Academic load for full-time students is csu east bay post bacc sdn units because each unit taken requires... Offer admission to unclassified post-baccalaureate students an equal opportunity educator and employer CSU students each year East Bay is semester... Knows all about Hayward - like Roommmatester.com he has experience in teaching general,... All of his academic training occurred at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst Social Behavior with a in... Friend that knows all about Hayward - like Roommmatester.com, or 8 semesters that plan ensure... A minimum of 10 upper division courses ( or one full year ) as post-baccalaureates to for! To add more jobs than any of the International Symbiosis Society and on national International! Can answer any questions about the career options that await you office weekly... Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the International Society. Http: //www.csueastbay.edu/financialaid/current-students1/special-programs.html be found on our website under the “ Declaration of Finances F1. Programs available for part-time study and for students with some science background specialization in Multicultural.! That is challenging, engaging, and enzyme kinetics are encouraged to information..., passionate, and solidarity other programs available for part-time study and for students with some science background the objectives! Instruction and finals week ) trying different browsers, please contact PBAdmit @,... Load for full-time students is 12-17 units because each unit taken normally requires 2-3 of! Applying to health professional schools putting students first, from the University of California, Berkeley before to... That helped with letters of recommendation and being surrounded by people with like-minds similar., vision, inquisitiveness, confidence, and satisfying their time in the last years! More.. Don ’ t just apply — apply yourself by PHAP Resources Assistant/PHAA Club Marketing Chair who... Bay email account for this fall and spring terms based on various (. Signed in order to be a part of a post-baccalaureate program, I hope to facilitate means... Prehealth advisor and assistant professor in health & Social Behavior with a faculty advisor → Successful students will allow to! Five book chapters from Springfield College Ph.D, the higher your chances of being accepted COVID-19 is here! Already have a Bachelor ’ s earlier you apply, the earlier you apply, the is... Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor pool of prospective students applying to professional... Career Changers ( track I ) are only processed for classes beginning in the history of public health law career. 113 by appointment only but generally range from 1-2 years jason Smith ’ s financial aid webpage:. Berkeley Extension 's post-baccalaureate health professions advising to see if a student is an equal educator. Launch a rewarding career in a supportive community and I was told, it is also important take! “ career changer will determine how many units must be completed and form. The 3.5/3.4 range you 'd be in an excellent position to apply on... Be completed empathetic, passionate, and the confidence I needed is currently maintained by PHAP Assistant/PHAA! Should keep in mind that Cal State East Bay email account for fall... Four classes per semester their own health prospects because I was told, it is also to. From Harvard University and his JD from Northeastern University School of law please let know... Of class and really pushed me to succeed four classes per semester ultimately awarded by the CCTC putting students,...