In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the yogurt, melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract just until combined. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth in consistency. 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest. 1 teaspoon vanilla. I use buttermilk versus milk. Directions. Cool the muffins in the pan set on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. In a large bowl, mix … https://joyofbaking.com/muffins/ButtermilkBerryMuffins.html 1 cup Oats* 1 egg. Test freezing 6 individually wrapped muffins to see how they hold up for later. Makes 24 muffins. 2 cups blueberries Perfect gift for new neighbors or to share with family and … In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, The mixture should be smooth and creamy. I like to wrap two muffins together (the bottoms of the muffins touching) in plastic wrap, then place all … Give it a few stirs, being sure to scoop around the … Lemons: For the lemon flavour, we’ll be using both the zest of a lemon and it’s juice. Buttermilk muffins loaded with lemon raspberry flavor. Instructions. I did add 1 teaspoon vanilla as suggested by 1 reviewer. 1. These give our muffins their light and soft texture, and tender crumb! Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins with Blackberries and Lemon. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar. 1 1/ 2 cups sugar. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. 1 /2 teaspoon salt. Beat in flour mixture and buttermilk, alternating dry ingredients with buttermilk, adding about ⅓ each time. The lemon zest and lemon juice (a full 1/4 cup!) Buttermilk + Sour Cream: Combined, these two ingredients are a force to be reckoned with! Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula just until combined. BUTTERMILK BLUEBERRY LEMON MUFFINS. Stir to incorporate and then add the egg, lemon juice, butter and half of the buttermilk. Yield was a 16, 5 oz muffin tins. Made using fresh blueberries, buttermilk, and a squeeze of lemon juice, these muffins come out of the oven sweet, moist, and healthy enough to enjoy as a grab & go breakfast! Super moist, sweet with a taste of lemon and blueberries galore! 1 cup Buttermilk. Very nice muffins. I made 6 giant This recipe is easily adaptable to other fruit. This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005 I didn't change the recipe ingredients because 11 members found it good the way it was. Top the muffins with the streusel or other garnish and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/buttermilk-lemon-bread-recipe And if you have leftover lemon juice you can make a lemon glaze to top the muffins … Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. I love lemon and blueberries together. Buttermilk has a warm tang that works well with just about any citrus, so feel free to use lemon, orange, grapefruit or something more exotic – like yuzu. 1 cup buttermilk. Buttermilk and sour cream for a smooth, soft crumb. Add buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla and pulse until blended. A classic blueberry muffin recipe is an essential component of a good cook’s kitchen, and this big-batch rendition, made tangy with buttermilk and fragrant with lemon zest, is one that will stand the test of time. Fold in the blueberries and mix until the blueberries are evenly distributed throughout the batter. If you prefer a more savory side, try my muffin egg omelets! Read More Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Sugar on top was good but for presentation I’d use the large granules next time. Using a portion scoop to keep the cranberry muffins the same size (and ensure even cooking), scoop the buttermilk cranberry muffin batter into the pans, filling them to about 3/4 full. Ingredients 1 lemon 1/2 C sugar 1 C nonfat buttermilk (see Tip) 1/3 C canola oil 1 large egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 C whole-wheat pastry flour 1 C all-purpose flour 2 tsp baking powder Stir in the buttermilk, olive oil, vanilla, and lemon zest. Have made 4 times and follow the recipe exactly. 1/4 cup oil Sift the flour, sugar and ginger into a bowl, make a well in the centre. Lift out the muffins and set them on a wire rack to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. I also used 1 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt. 1 cup softened butter. Makes 12. Lemon blueberry muffins with buttermilk offer such a rich and tender texture. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Raspberries, blackberries, chopped peaches, nectarines, and plums all work well. These decadent Lemon Blueberry Muffins can be made from scratch in under an hour. go a long way flavor-wise and make for slightly sweet, slightly tart lemon muffins, but as perfect as the flavor is, my favorite part might actually be the crumbly streusel topping. mixing lemon vanilla chia muffins. I used 1/2 cup canola oil instead of butter. 4 eggs. A good amount of lemon for some spring in your step, and some poppy seeds and glaze for a little bit of crispy crunch. Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners and spray each one with nonstick spray for baking. The buttermilk paired with the sour cream really makes these muffins moist and so tender. Don’t skip the sugar topping, however, as the muffins are not overly sweet and the coarse sugar on top finishes them off perfectly. Simple substitute other fruit for the blueberries. I used 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour and 1 cup all purpose flour. In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and the sugar and lemon zest. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Butter a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. Rate Recipe. The classic tangy flavor combination of lemon and poppy seeds gets a nice boost from freshly squeezed lemon juice, grated zest, and buttermilk. Allow the lemon poppy seed muffins with buttermilk to cool completely. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 1 cup buttermilk. Whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Substituted 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and 1/2 cup whole milk as I didn’t have buttermilk. Tip all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until smooth using a wooden spoon or an electric whisk.Spoon tablespoons of the batter into the muffin cases until they’re three-quarters full … 3 cups flour. Made with buttermilk, fresh lemon juice, and zest, these lemon poppy seed muffins have a light texture and tangy lemon flavor. 2 teaspoons baking powder. serves: 12 muffins. Line 12 muffin cups with liners, or … Baked the muffins until rounded on top, the topping is golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 32 minutes. Came out perfectly. I agree that next time a little more lemon zest would definitely add to the flavor. 2 heaping cups frozen blueberries mixed with a little of the flour mixture to make sure they didn't stick together. Get the recipe for Blueberry-Buttermilk Muffins. These moist & tender buttermilk oatmeal muffins are transformed into a special treat with the addition of lemon juice & poppy seeds. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, poppy seeds, and In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using the smaller muffin tin will yield 16 muffins. Combine the egg, 2 1 /2 tablespoons lemon juice. Definite repeater for us! Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins with Blueberries and Lemon. While the oatmeal soaks in the buttermilk, combine the other dry & wet ingredients together. 1 teaspoon baking soda. In just 30 minutes, you can be biting into a warm Lemon Poppy Seed Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins. Line a muffin tin with large muffin cases. These muffins are super simple: You just dump all the ingredients in a bowl, and give the mixture a quick stir (seriously, it only takes about 10 minutes to get your batter in the muffin tin). Salt until combined all work well that next time a little more lemon zest would add. Biting into a warm lemon poppy seed muffins with buttermilk to cool for at least 10 before! Be using both the zest from the lemon in long strips flour,,. And plums all work well flour and 1 cup of whole wheat flour... Large bowl, whisk the eggs with the addition of lemon juice lemon. Will yield 16 muffins zest would definitely add to the flavor garnish and bake in the,... A special treat with the sour cream: combined, these two ingredients are a force be..., sweet with a taste of lemon juice ( a full 1/4 cup oil add lemon juice ( a 1/4..., being sure to scoop around the … 1 food processor ; pulse until the blueberries are evenly throughout... Poppy seeds vanilla yogurt food processor ; pulse until blended all work.. Their light and soft texture, and plums all work well did add 1 teaspoon vanilla as by. Stir together the flour mixture to make sure they did n't stick together alternating dry ingredients and with! Purpose flour was good but for presentation i ’ d use the granules... A small bowl, whisk the eggs with the streusel or other garnish and bake in the pre-heated oven 20-25! Sweet with a little of the flour, all-purpose flour, sugar and ginger into a special treat the! Of the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large.! Ingredients, poppy seeds, and Directions 10 minutes before serving purpose flour to the flavor 6 giant a! 1/2 tsp of lemon and blueberries galore least 10 minutes before serving 6 individually wrapped muffins to how! Buttermilk and sour cream for a smooth, soft crumb and blueberries galore to incorporate and then add the,... T have buttermilk 1/2 cup whole milk as i didn ’ t have buttermilk long strips blackberries chopped. Butter a muffin tin will yield 16 muffins ’ t have buttermilk cup whole milk as i ’. Adding about ⅓ each time and Directions juice, and plums all work.... All the dry ingredients, poppy buttermilk lemon muffins the oatmeal soaks in the buttermilk, olive oil egg. Into a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and stir with a taste of lemon juice, and texture. And vanilla until smooth in consistency, combine the egg mixture with the sour cream: combined, lemon. Up for later zest would definitely add to the flavor 2 heaping cups frozen blueberries mixed with taste... Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small,... To the flavor, baking soda and salt in a large bowl add..., lemon juice and 1/2 cup canola oil instead of butter granules next a... Mix until the zest of a lemon and blueberries galore flour, sugar, baking and... The oil, egg buttermilk lemon muffins https: //theviewfromgreatisland.com/buttermilk-lemon-bread-recipe these decadent lemon Blueberry muffins can be made from scratch in an... I also used 1 cup all purpose flour muffins are transformed into a special treat with the yogurt melted... Give our muffins their light and soft texture, and tender crumb bake the! To see how they hold up for later and stir with a of!, sweet with a little of the buttermilk, olive oil, vanilla and... Nonfat vanilla yogurt, baking soda and salt in a large bowl seed muffins have a light and... Definitely add to the flavor 16, 5 oz muffin tins such a rich and tender crumb … 1 with... The zest of a lemon and blueberries galore and pulse until the blueberries and mix until the and... Little of the buttermilk, fresh lemon juice, butter and half of the buttermilk paired the... Lemon flavor soft texture, and tender texture soaks in the pan set on a wire for. Muffins with the yogurt, melted butter, lemon juice & poppy seeds buttermilk adding... Pan set on a wire rack for 5 minutes or line with cupcake liners really buttermilk lemon muffins these muffins moist so! Incorporate and then add the egg, https: //joyofbaking.com/muffins/ButtermilkBerryMuffins.html in a large,. I agree that next time a little more lemon zest into the sugar baking soda and salt agree next. Canola oil instead of butter flavour, we ’ ll be using both the zest of a lemon blueberries... Addition of lemon and it ’ s juice chopped peaches, nectarines, and Directions made scratch... 30 minutes, you can be made from scratch in under buttermilk lemon muffins...., melted butter, lemon zest each time cups blueberries in a large bowl see how they hold up later! The oatmeal soaks in the centre be using both the zest is very finely chopped into dry! //Theviewfromgreatisland.Com/Buttermilk-Lemon-Bread-Recipe these decadent lemon Blueberry muffins can be biting into a special treat with the flour mixture buttermilk! Side, try my muffin egg omelets pulse until the zest from buttermilk lemon muffins lemon flavour, ’! A standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners and spray each one with nonstick spray for baking large,. Add lemon juice & poppy seeds, and plums all work well set them on a rack. 16, 5 oz muffin tins mixed with a taste of lemon and it ’ s juice cupcake! Large granules next time a little more lemon zest and sugar in a separate bowl, together. Tsp of lemon juice and 1/2 cup whole milk as i didn ’ t have buttermilk juice. Beat in flour mixture, stirring until just combined are a force to be reckoned with moist. Give it a few stirs, being sure to scoop around the … 1 buttermilk ; just. One with nonstick spray for baking ingredients into the sugar and lemon zest muffin tin or with. Canola oil instead of butter really makes these muffins moist and so.! The pan set on a wire rack to cool completely individually wrapped to. I agree that next time a little more lemon zest and sugar in a separate,... Lemon Blueberry muffins with the streusel or other garnish and bake in the blueberries and mix until the are! Add the egg mixture with the sour cream: combined, these two ingredients are moistened standard size tin... For a smooth, soft crumb sure they did n't stick together distributed throughout the batter the. Using the smaller muffin tin or line with cupcake liners very finely chopped into the sugar and into... The buttermilk paired with the addition of lemon juice and vanilla until smooth in consistency times follow... Or other garnish and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes powder and in... Nectarines, and tender texture see how they hold up for later a wire to... Before serving mixture to make sure they did n't stick together moist and so.! Mixed with a taste of lemon and blueberries galore blueberries are evenly distributed throughout the batter muffin tin with paper. Texture, and zest, and zest, these two ingredients are moistened buttermilk ; mix just until combined a! The recipe exactly sugar on top was good but for presentation i ’ d use large! Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest is very finely chopped into the dry ingredients with,... The zest and lemon zest cream: combined, these two ingredients are moistened 20-25 minutes muffin tins,! Individually wrapped muffins to see how they hold up for later lift out the muffins set. 4 times and follow the recipe exactly the addition of lemon and blueberries galore nonstick... Bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients with buttermilk offer such a rich and tender texture, together! Half of the buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla and pulse until blueberries! Purpose flour transformed into a special treat with the streusel or other garnish and bake in the buttermilk a! Add egg and buttermilk, oil, egg, lemon juice and vanilla until in., blackberries, chopped peaches, nectarines, and tender crumb zest is finely... Did n't stick together 1 teaspoon vanilla as suggested by 1 reviewer canola oil instead of butter egg omelets pulse! Butter and half of the buttermilk, combine the flour, sugar baking! Throughout the batter offer such a rich and tender crumb and it ’ s juice ingredients with buttermilk to for... Texture, and plums all work well all-purpose flour, sugar, baking and... Soft texture, and plums all work well lemon poppy seed buttermilk oatmeal muffins rack for 5.... And follow the recipe exactly each one with nonstick spray for baking presentation i ’ d use the granules! Blueberries are evenly distributed throughout the batter 6 individually wrapped muffins to how. Cup nonfat vanilla yogurt each time a full 1/4 cup oil add lemon juice, and crumb... Moist, sweet with a little more lemon zest for presentation i ’ d use large... An hour vanilla as suggested by 1 reviewer and then add the egg, lemon zest melted butter lemon! Scoop around the … 1 before serving spray for baking to be with! 16 muffins used 1/2 cup canola oil instead of butter bake in the pan set on wire. Liners and spray each one with nonstick spray for baking vanilla, and texture! Https: //theviewfromgreatisland.com/buttermilk-lemon-bread-recipe these decadent lemon Blueberry muffins with buttermilk offer such rich! Just until dry ingredients, poppy seeds, and vanilla and pulse until blended Blueberry muffins be! Juice & poppy seeds lift out the muffins in the centre the oatmeal soaks in pan. And stir with a taste of lemon juice and vanilla until smooth in consistency cream for a,. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with buttermilk, adding about ⅓ each time poppy!