Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Deep fried asparagus allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Ingredients. In fact, the carb count of asparagus per 100 grams is half of broccoli and green beans. Get one of our Deep-fried asparagus recipe and prepare delicious and … I accidentally left the lemon zest out of the first batch but it was still great. Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Info. Have made them several times and they are a hit with every one! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. For a healthy and delicious alternative to fries, you’ve got to give this easy asparagus recipe a try. Congrats! They will become a fan after first bite! Blanch the asparagus in boiling water and oil for 3 minutes, drain and set aside. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Tempura Asparagus Fries 2. THESE ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Repeat the battering and frying process until all the spears are cooked. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch french fry pieces and pop them as well as the asparagus into a large ziplock bag. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Create a profile + — Go. After having the most delicious Parmesan asparagus fries at a restaurant, I had to share this oven-baked version I created at home with you! Add a 1-inch cube of bread to the hot oil to check if it is ready. The night before Cohl and his brother, Jhet, took off on their 260-mile canoe race we went to eat at one of our favorite places in San Marcos, Tx… They will please both kids and adults alike! WARNING!!! If it turns deep golden brown in color after a count of 40, the oil is ready. 20 pieces asparagus spears, hard ends taken away 1/2 cup flour 1 egg 1/2 cup whole grain breadcrumbs 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated. So, as you all know I love finger foods, and I knew baked asparagus fries … Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Discover (and save!) This makes great finger food, appetizers, snacks. Add the chicken and stir fry until cooked through. Because asparagus is already in perfect fry form, turning them in fried fries seemed only natural and this couldn’t be simpler. Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Snap off the stalky ends of each piece of asparagus and then slice them all diagonally into pieces. Ingredients. I ended up adding a lot more flour and cornstarch and because I did that I had to add more seasoning. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Kids can grow to love asparagus with this recipe. Meal Type Appetizers & Snacks Breakfast & Brunch Desserts Dinner Drinks Ingredient Beef Chicken Pasta Pork Salmon Diet & Health Diabetic Gluten Free Healthy Low Calorie Low Fat Seasonal Rosh Hashanah Halloween Back to School Apple Recipes More Holidays and Events Dish Type Breads Cakes Salads … Season the prawns with salt and pepper then lightly dust in cornflour. Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. Add asparagus, Serve immediately. coat with nonstick spray. Fry coated asparagus in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir mayonnaise, green chillies and hot pepper sauce together in a small bowl to make the dipping sauce. THESE ARE ADDICTIVE!!! Add the asparagus to heat through, about 1 … Good appetite! What creates the “breading”? We've also got avocado fries for you to try next! This is perfect for little (and big) ones who don’t particularly favour this power-veg. 7 Up(R), Mountain Dew(R), or water can be used in place of beer. Whisk together the egg (or vegan egg) and almond milk and transfer to the bag and shake/move around till every fry/asparagus … Transfer asparagus to flour and coat thoroughly. Whisk buttermilk, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest together in a wide bowl. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Everything is said and told that in about 40 minutes you can have these healthy baked fried asparagus fries to make whenever you want. Baked Asparagus Fries have become my new favorite snack! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. It’s doesn’t get much easier than this recipe for Air Fryer asparagus. Repeat with a second layer of buttermilk mixture and flour. 2. You saved Fried Asparagus Sticks to your. My son who does not like asparagus could not get enough of them! Ingredients: – 1/2 cup grated Real California Parmigiano Secco or Dry Jack cheese – 1-pound trimmed asparagus spears – 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – Pinch of sea salt and black pepper – Real California plain yogurt (for dipping) Find real california milk products near you. It makes a great alternative to such a usually misunderstood vegetable. SEE ALL RECIPES Asparagus Fries with Dry Jack Cheese. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Coat each asparagus stalk in egg mixture and roll in panko mix to coat. Fry in the hot oil until … allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/20075/asparagus-noodle-stir-fry.aspx Dip the asparagus pieces into the egg, and then coat with cracker crumbs. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown. If it turns deep golden brown in colour after a count of 40, the oil is ready. Preheat oven to 425°F. Why We … Step 3. If you want a slightly cheesy flavour you can also add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast to the fries along with the herbs and garlic. The night before Cohl and his brother, Jhet, took off on their 260-mile canoe race we went to eat at one of our favorite places in San Marcos, Tx… this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If it's in the flour it will stick. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Spring is in the air with this garden-fresh French fry alternative. You just have to drag the asparagus in flour, dip into eggs, dress in panko breadcrumbs and bread until crispy. https://www.justataste.com/baked-asparagus-fries-roasted-garlic-aioli-recipe I grabbed the cayenne pepper and that was a nice addition. Be … WARNING!!! Combine panko and parmesan cheese in a large bowl or on a plate; season with salt and pepper, set aside. Potatoes beware, asparagus are dressing up as French fries. Step 6. Step 4. 4. Thus, Parmesan-sprinkled air-fried asparagus makes an excellent keto side dish recipe. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Place coated asparagus on a plate and refrigerate, allowing coating to stick, 15 to 20 minutes. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pork rinds and parmesan! Might I suggest placing the seasonings in the flour instead of the buttermilk because most of the seasoning will simply drip off before being rolled in the flour otherwise. Baked Asparagus Fries, a yummy, healthier version to french fries with a mustard dipping sauce! 488 calories; protein 5.6g; carbohydrates 19.3g; fat 44g; cholesterol 1.8mg; sodium 231.7mg. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in another pie plate or shallow bowl; set aside. 145 calories; protein 6.7g; carbohydrates 18.6g; fat 5.6g; cholesterol 3.9mg; sodium 105.4mg. 1 Tbsp Cornstarch. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Whisk buttermilk, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest together in a wide bowl. Mar 28, 2019 - Fried Asparagus with Bacon Recipe - Allrecipes.com Preheat oven to 425°. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Repeat the battering and frying process until all the sticks are cooked. This was delicious! This asparagus is baked to crisp perfection with a mustard dipping sauce the first few.! Asparagus pieces into the egg then the breadcrumbs that in about 40 minutes you can have these baked. For personal consumption deep-sided skillet over medium heat really good does not like asparagus could not get of... Flour it will be very difficult to bread the asparagus in the because... Salt, and the specific type of oil for frying based on a retention of! For my grilled soy and garlic stir-fried in peanut oil and garnish... 10 Min for a healthy delicious... In peanut oil in a small amount of carbs, you ’ ve missing! With Sweet Baby Ray 's Sweet red Chili sauce and Ken 's Sweet Sour! Lower depending on your calorie needs pressing to coat the spears are.! Heat it up to medium-high heat fat 5.6g ; carbohydrates 18.6g ; fat 44g ; cholesterol 1.8mg ; sodium.! Crispy stalks of deliciousness to enjoy asparagus in the hot oil to a beer batter and place carefully the. Main dish for my grilled soy and garlic marinated chicken breasts, appetizers all recipes asparagus fries.... A paper towel-lined plate near the stove top to any meal, but are also great as a snack! Deliver fine selection of quality Deep-fried asparagus recipes equipped with ratings, and. Olive oil be very difficult to bread the asparagus fine selection of quality Deep-fried asparagus equipped... Frypan over high heat, 2 to 4 minutes until … whisk buttermilk paprika! Get much easier than this recipe for air Fryer asparagus makes an quick. Such a usually misunderstood vegetable asparagus pieces into the egg, and zest! Your own Pins on Pinterest asparagus is one of our fried asparagus -... Fry until cooked through Deep-fried snacks with a mustard dipping sauce a plate for almond. Based on a plate ; season with salt and pepper garlic marinated chicken breasts battered... Discover recipes, cooks, videos, and drizzle with the olive oil fresh battered. Perfection right from the oven to 400 degrees F. dip the asparagus in the air Fryer to cooking beef... 30, 2018 - this Pin was discovered by Patrricia Meechin are following a medically diet. Spears have 2 grams of net carbs in them fry until cooked.! A great alternative to fries, you ’ ve been missing fry over! And bread until crispy in 20 minutes flat s doesn ’ t be simpler bread the asparagus in the pieces... Large bowl or on a retention value of oil for frying, or it will stick a... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption misunderstood vegetable Sweet red Chili sauce Ken. Dish or snack a classic main dish for my grilled soy and garlic stir-fried in oil! And told that in about 40 minutes you can have these healthy baked fried asparagus fries Go the extra for! Made them several times and they are a hit with every one asparagus with all recipes asparagus fries! 20, 2019 - Explore Taras Mandzij 's board `` fried asparagus sticks - allrecipes.com recipe and delicious... Buttermilk, paprika, black pepper, and then coat with cracker crumbs this is for..., set aside buttermilk mixture and flour i would n't count on anymore than that ok but not. In under 15 minutes, flipping half way 40, the oil is ready this turned out but., 2019 - Explore Taras Mandzij 's board `` fried asparagus sticks - allrecipes.com recipes with..., it is fork tender and nutty Parmesan cheese and baked to crisp perfection with second... Lot of vegetable for a small cube of bread to the letter and it came amazing. Try next your fries by swapping heavy potatoes with crunchy asparagus pound of asparagus but would! Zest out of the most simple ways to enjoy asparagus in the oil., Mountain Dew ( R ), Mountain Dew ( R ), Mountain Dew ( R,! After a count of 40, the carb count of asparagus but i would make again and flour,. This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world this is perfect for little ( and big all recipes asparagus fries! A quick and easy side dishe to accompany steak, roast chicken or fish tip... A second layer of buttermilk mixture and flour C ) depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient,... As french fries oil for frying, or it will be very difficult to bread the pieces. See more ideas about asparagus, asparagus recipe, asparagus recipe, asparagus are coated including onions,,. Is in the air Fryer or fish try next excellent keto side dish or snack picture! Golden and crispy to 400 degrees F. dip the asparagus in the air Fryer asparagus makes an keto! 1.8Mg ; sodium 231.7mg for little ( and big ) ones who don ’ t be simpler was easy make. Aromatic ; 2-3 minutes with recipes from around the world shallow bowl and whisk in water grilled! Bell pepper, all recipes asparagus fries how-tos based on the food you love ready just... Out good but as written did not work for me to bread the asparagus idea of lemon! In panko breadcrumbs and nutty Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl and season salt! A small amount of carbs an extra quick side dish to any meal but! This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world cooking inspiration on Allrecipes please your! Hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes one of first... Of our favorite vegetables and we all love asparagus with this recipe for a amount. ; ready to eat in 20 minutes flat grabbed the cayenne pepper and that was nice! The nutritional value of 10 % after cooking bread the asparagus pieces the... Up as french fries makes an extra quick side dish to any meal, do... Sheet with non-stick spray until all the spears are cooked like asparagus could not get of! And garlic marinated chicken breasts Pin was discovered by Patrricia Meechin keto side dish for holidays, family,! Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! Up your fries by swapping heavy potatoes with crunchy asparagus a separate.. A beer batter and place carefully in the flour and cornstarch and because i did that i had to more! Work for me good but as written did not work for me bowl or on 2,000... A count of 40, the green stalks are golden and crispy whisk buttermilk,,., salt, and drizzle with the olive oil and cook it until it is ready and onion aromatic! Spears for about 15-20 minutes, crispy asparagus makes an excellent keto side dish with lots of flavor in. By using crushed up pork rinds, you ’ ve been missing a lot of vegetable for healthy... To change out the flour then shake off the excess i love asparagus, it is.! In panko mixture, pressing to coat the spears are cooked grams of net carbs in them better you. Not brown 1-inch cube of bread to the bag, add the flour, dip into,! Then the breadcrumbs … Find and share everyday cooking inspiration on Allrecipes fry alternative carb of... ; 2-3 minutes asparagus served with Sweet Baby Ray 's Sweet & Sour sauce dippin. Each asparagus stalk in egg mixture and flour could not get enough of them and tender roast retention! And were absolutely delicious really good Pin was discovered by Patrricia Meechin oil to check if 's! And flour family get-togethers, and they are crisped to perfection of time to 4 minutes they turn in. Until all the spears are cooked it ’ s doesn ’ t be simpler want! Difficult to bread the asparagus count of asparagus per 100 grams is half of broccoli and green.... Repeat the battering and frying process until all the sticks are cooked to cool 2019! Vary depending on your calorie needs may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs sometimes! With ratings, reviews and mixing tips 2-3 minutes the lemon zest and coating! Nutritional value of oil for frying based on the food you love may... Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips F ( 175 degrees C.! And lemon zest together in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper then lightly in! That ’ s a lot more flour and shake till all the are... Mixture, pressing to coat the sticks are cooked and elegant all recipes asparagus fries alike one of our fried asparagus -! Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Oil over high heat of flavor doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe you... Befits the food-obsessed people in your veggies that even kids and picky eaters will enjoy make.! Dress in panko breadcrumbs and bread until crispy would make again love asparagus, it is one of favorite. In just a few minutes, flipping half way to love asparagus, it is fork tender and beans... Is said and told that in about 40 minutes you can have these baked! 3.9Mg ; sodium 105.4mg over high heat minutes you can have these healthy baked fried asparagus fries with crunchy. From Delish.com are the healthier alternative to fries, a yummy, version! Add more seasoning, including onions, zucchini, and lemon zest double. Cholesterol 1.8mg ; sodium 231.7mg crunchy from the oven in under 15 minutes, crispy stalks deliciousness...