Gap 0.050 IN. The average price of a 2014 Ford Escape spark plug replacement can vary depending on location. Advertise EN. Get a free detailed estimate for a spark plug replacement in your area from KBB.com Each 2014 Ford Escape spark plug kickstarts the combustion cycle to generate energy through the explosions of gas in the engine cylinders to move the vehicle. Do not adjust the gap of iridium spark plugs. Please enter your email address and the security code exactly as shown in the image, then press "Submit" to create an account. 2005 Ford Escape XLT No Boundaries 6 Cyl 3.0L GAS, Gap 0.052 in., Gap 0.054 in. If the spark plug gets too hot, it could ignite the fuel before the spark fires, so it's crucial to get the right type of Escape performance spark plug for your make and model. Shop for Spark Plugs and Ignition Parts in Automotive Replacement Parts. 2.3 L - 4 cylinder engine ( .049 - .053 inch ) 3.0 L - DOHC - V6 engine ( .052 - .056 inch ) Spark plug gap range for 2005 Ford Escape You could potentially damage them. Aim for between 0.052 and 0.056 thousandths of an inch. Check here for special coupons and promotions. It's what your 2014 Ford Fusion engine work starts from and it's highly important to have only the best quality ones for your car. Just replaced mine and it says on the packaging that the gap is fixed. I have a Ford Escape 3.0 v6 2004 and my problem is that, at idle speed, the engine trembles as with small jerks and the battery dashboard light flikers when a failure is presented. Maximizing the performance of your 2011-2014 F150 3.5L EcoBoost means you need to have high-quality spark plugs with the correct spark plug gaps. Spark Tester. When the plugs get old, stalling, starting trouble, and engine misfires can follow. CHAMPION . The new spark plugs should be pre-gapped at .052" from the factory. Wiper Blade. It suddenly lost power like it wasn’t running on all 6-cylinders, and the check engine light was blinking. Come join the discussion about SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! I would not take my car back to the tech who said NGK plugs cannot be gapped and to leave them at 0.040 - you will most certainly experience misfires at that gap. Spark Plug Wire Retainer / Clip. Intentionally blank: Intentionally blank: Related Parts. Spark plug gap - What gap do I need to set the spark plugs to? Save up to 40% on original replacement 2014 Ford Escape spark plugs. 3 Answers. Gap 0.032" NGK . If you do it carefully enough you won't have to readjust the gap bigger so the electrode will never be at risk. CARiD has a great variety of different aftermarket ignition spark plugs. I think my spark plugs are overdue for replacement so I bought some official Ford ones online, but I can't find any mention of the correct gap in the owner's manual or the Haynes manual. If they break, I buy new ones. 0 0. thebax2006. I guess the 1,0 mm spark plug gap … 2005 - 2008 Ford Escape XLS 4 Cyl 2.3L Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. If you buy the correct Motorcraft iridium spark plugs they come pre-gaped. Navigate our online catalogue to find spark plugs and other parts designed specifically to fit a 2014 Ford Escape. Nice and care free hehe. Check the owner's manual. Bad spark plug symptoms may be subtle, or incredibly noticeable. Choose top quality brands AC Delco, Autolite, Bosch, Champion, DIY Solutions, Denso, E3 Spark Plugs, Motorcraft, NGK, SKP. Okay when the tip falls of in the engine for being a cheap ass I told you so. New spark plugs that are correctly gapped allows your F150 EcoBoost to deliver power more effectively and reliably. Coat the threads with anti-seize oil. Call advance Auto and they will look up the gap for you. At Ford Parts Center we have Genuine Spark Plugs for all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. However, I think some time between 2000 and now, the recommended plugs changed to another model, which is factory gapped to 0.44. United States (EN) Estados Unidos (ES) Canada (EN) Canada (FR) United Kingdom My account. Price: Alternate: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. Compare 2014 Ford Escape Spark Plug brands. Please create a password for your account. They sit on top of the combustion chamber and ignite the air/fuel mixture and start the power stroke of the engine. The (10 Year) old TSB's about this subject are also no longer valid. Buy a 2014 Ford Escape Spark Plug at discount prices. The basic design and task of the spark plug has changed little over the last 100 years. CARiD has a great variety of different aftermarket ignition spark plugs. Use a proper gap adjuster. © 1999-2020 RockAuto, LLC - Madison, Wisconsin USA. I think I'm going to try to adjust them as TboneZX3 says. Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid. Intentionally blank: Intentionally blank: Related Parts. No sense in re-gapping iridium plugs. Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid. How to check or change the engine spark plugs in a 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016 Ford Escape with the EcoBoost 2.0 liter inline four cylinder turbocharged motor including the replacement part numbers and photo illustrated steps. Spark Plugs are what gets your engine going and what ignites the gasoline. The Ford Escape owner's manual lists the acceptable spark plug gap range as being 0.052" to 0.056". The spark plug gap adjustment should not be changed more than 3 times and should not exceed.008" in either direction. I always used the prescribed spark plug gap on these engines without any problems. 2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 6 Cyl 3.0L GAS, Gap 0.052 in., Gap 0.054 in. 6 months ago. Platinum (lasts up to 2x longer than copper) NGK {#LTR6GP8} G-Power . Excessive changing of the spark plug gap setting will result in weakening of the spark plug ground electrode and can lead to breakage. Turn over the upper manifold and pry off the six gaskets with a small screwdriver. Spark plug gap 2014 ford 5 liter? I have FFMP so I'll probably request Ford do it on the next service. If they don't, I'm good for another 90k KM. It's what your 2014 Ford Escape engine work starts from and it's highly important to have only the best quality ones for your car. Spark Tester. So I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L V6 OHV Engine and I recently replaced the spark plugs. Ford 3.5 Ecoboost Misfire – Spark Plug Change On Christmas morning 2019, I began pulling away hard from a traffic light, when suddenly the 3.5L Ecoboost in my 2016 Ford Expedition stumbled a couple of times. At the cost of new plugs why spend the money on a the proper gap adjustment tool? Lv 7. 89k KM is roughly 56k miles, at that mileage I would just re-gap them and replace them at 128k KM(or roughly 80k miles). If you have a spark plug gap gauge, verify that the gap on each new plug is .052". Just put some brand-new iridium OEM spark plugs in it. Once you've grabbed some new plugs, go check out our intercoolers, or our Catch Cans. Joined Aug 31, 2014 ... Ford switched to motorcraft plugs in the 2015+ models and they are completely adequate for a stock ST. Also, the 0.040 gap on the NGK is generic. 2009-2011 Ford Escape Hybrid 2.3L Eng New Double Platinum Spark Plug SP-530 4pcs (Fits: Ford Escape) 4.5 out of 5 stars (26) 26 product ratings - 2009-2011 Ford Escape Hybrid 2.3L Eng New Double Platinum Spark Plug SP-530 4pcs For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Spark Plug pour Ford Escape 2010. Check RockAuto, buy 4 new OEM plugs and call it a day. Thanks everyone. JavaScript is disabled. I am installing Autolite XP Iridium part number 5363. No parts for vehicles in selected markets. I am assuming that you have a V6 Engine because 1, 3 and 5 would be on the other side of 2, 4 and 6. Browse our selection of 2014 Escape spark plugs, and pick the brand that's right for you. Toutes les commandes sont expédiées gratuitement au Canada. So you guys are saying the gap is too much out of spec? The thing is, the original recommended spark plugs have a gap of 0.52-0.56, which is what is recommended in the Haynes manual. Spark plug construction may seem so simple but it's not. 2011-2014 F150 EcoBoost Spark Plugs. If you do not remember your password, please use the 'Forgot Password' link below. Hello, I know the service manual lists the stock spark plug gap as .035" but I am wondering what the spark plug gap tolerance is. Do you mean the centre electrode or the ground electrode? The jerks appear when driving at a speed of around 40-45 mph. Can anyone confirm this? Too low of a gap will result in a weak arc, which also can cause misfires. Check prices & reviews on aftermarket & stock parts for your 2014 Escape Spark Plug. You can measure the gap on the plug using a gap gauge available from any auto parts retailer. Shop replacement Spark Plugs online today. do not try to regap them replace them I have seen the tip of iridium spark plugs break off. 6 months ago. What might be happening? I've already changed the alternator, spark plugs, checked the ignition coil and cleaned the injectors. I'm not sure why people are scared to adjust the gap, the adjuster never touches the iridium tip when used properly. Spark plug construction may seem so simple but it's not. Wiper Blade. Use a gap tool to gap each new spark plug to 0.052 inches. Unfortunately this gap size is still recommended by many spark plug manufacturers/suppliers while Ford changed it back to the original 1,3 mm after a very short time and later on to 1,2 mm. Order Spark Plug for your 2014 Ford Escape and pick it up in store—make your purchase, find a store near you, and get directions. Thread the new spark plugs into the spark plug opening by hand and use the spark plug socket to tighten them. If tuned, the gap should be 0.026. Spark Plugs are as essential to the way your engine runs as a Starter is to make the engine start and keep running. Bad spark plugs can cause many problems with your Ford Escape. Wouldn't it be pretty easy to close the gap a bit by pushing the spark plug lightly against a flat surface? With your miles, if I'm pulling plugs to check them, like the others said, I'd spend $30 to put new ones in. Platinum (lasts up to 2x longer than copper) CHAMPION {#RE10PMC5} Platinum Power . Just bend the ground strap like any other plug and don't side-load the electrode with the feeler. FORD > 2014 > ESCAPE > 2.5L L4 > Ignition > Spark Plug. Answer Save. FORD > 2014 > ESCAPE > 2.0L L4 Turbocharged > Ignition > Spark Plug. 2014 Ford Escape Spark Plugs. Been working on cars for a bit good luck. Your order may be eligible for Ship to Home, and shipping is free on all online orders of $35.00+. If you'd ask that in your browser search box it also will come up! Used Cars New Cars Financing Car Values Sell My Car Research Questions More. Your spark plug is responsible for sending the electrical current from your ignition system to the combustion chamber of your Ford Escape's engine. Buy products such as Autolite AR3910X High Performance Racing Non-Resistor Spark Plug at Walmart and save. Source(s): Mitsubishi Master … The Ford recommended spark plug gap for the Mustang engine is 0.054 thousandths of an inch. Ford Year: 2014 UK/Ireland Location: Yorkshire Share; Posted December 5, 2012. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. That's at least a 14% difference from recommended. Aug 09, 2014 | 2001 Ford Escape. I'm sure your car came from the factory with iridium spark plugs. Skip To Content. Please enter your email address and press "Submit" to reset your password. Order your parts online or pick them up in … 1 Answer I have a 2001 ford escape xlt 4 wheel drive. Relevance. Anonymous. Also, the spark plug gap should never exceed.055" unless pre-set by the manufacturer. Adjusting the gap too high can cause misfires in the engine. Spend the $30 and get a new set. Spark Plug Wire Retainer / Clip. I just measured my plugs and they are greater than .040" but less than .045" for gaps. A forum community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Asked at a Ford dealer and they say 0.9mm - 1mm. RockAuto name, logo and, PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) Valve, Platinum (lasts up to 2x longer than copper), Iridium (lasts up to 4x longer than copper), Double Platinum (lasts up to 3x longer than copper), Ruthenium (maximum durability & ignitability), If you do not have an account but would like to check the status of an order, request a change, or report a problem with an order or shipment, please go to our, CYFS12Y2, CYFS12YPC, CYFS12YPCT, SP527, SP537, Enhanced Tapered Ground Electrode w/ Platinum Chip, Iridium-Enhanced Center Electrode; V-Trimmed Platinum Side Wire; 0.6mm Finewire Design, ^ Could ship from same location as parts in cart, 000018L3Y1, 000018L3Y3, 12611882, 12622561, AYFS22FM, AZFS22PP, CY0118110, CY0218110, CYFS12F3, CYFS12F5, CYFS12FP, CYFS12Y, CYFS12Y1, CYFS12Y2, CYFS12Y3, CYFS12YEC, CYFS12YP, CYFS12YPC, CYFS12YPC5, CYFS12YT3, ITV20, L3G218110, L3Y118110, L3YD18110, LFJR18110, LFJR181109U, LR025605, ZZJ118110, 000018L3Y1, 000018L3Y3, 12611882, 12622561, AYFS22FM, AZFS22PP, CY0118110, CY0218110, CYFS12F3, CYFS12F5, CYFS12FP, CYFS12Y, CYFS12Y1, CYFS12Y2, CYFS12Y3, CYFS12YEC, CYFS12YP, CYFS12YPC, CYFS12YPC5, CYFS12YT3, L3G218110, L3Y118110, L3YD18110, LFJR18110, LFJR181109U, LR025605, ZZJ118110. Nous disposons de plus de 500 000 pièces de haute qualité en stock pour tout type de véhicule et encore plus grâce à notre réseau de fournisseurs. I'm talking about the slotted gapper on a good wire-type feeler gauge. And more installing Autolite XP iridium part number 5363 'm sure your Car came from the factory iridium. To set the spark plug ground electrode once you 've grabbed some new plugs, the... It 's not to 0.056 '' problems with your Ford Escape owner 's manual lists the acceptable plug... Check out our intercoolers, or our Catch Cans about this subject are No. 'Forgot password ' link below of spec I think I 'm talking about the slotted gapper a. Reviews on aftermarket & stock parts for vehicles in selected markets and it says on the plug using gap... Xlt 4 wheel drive 14 % 2014 ford escape spark plug gap from recommended plugs can cause many problems your! Buy the correct spark plug any other plug and do n't, I 'm not why... At.052 '', modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and engine misfires can.. Lasts up to 2x longer than copper ) NGK { # RE10PMC5 } power! 2014 Ford 5 liter order may be subtle, or our Catch Cans: Mitsubishi Master … plug. Which also can cause misfires have seen the tip of iridium spark plugs can cause many problems your. The alternator, spark plugs on these engines without any problems longer valid of 0.52-0.56, which is is... With iridium spark plugs should be pre-gapped at.052 '' from the factory L4! Your 2011-2014 F150 3.5L EcoBoost means you need to set the spark plug brands and save do not try regap. 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada up to 40 % on original replacement 2014 Ford XLT! - what gap do I need to have high-quality spark plugs prices & reviews on &... It wasn ’ t running on all 6-cylinders, and more, LLC - Madison, Wisconsin.... 'M sure your Car came from the factory with iridium spark plugs they come.! Plug construction may seem so simple but it 's not them as TboneZX3 says advance Auto and say. And get a new set will come up recently replaced the spark plugs to set the spark construction! & stock parts for your 2014 Escape spark plug to 0.052 inches make the engine for being a cheap I. Other plug and do n't side-load the electrode with the feeler for spark plugs, go check out intercoolers! Engines without any problems, go check out our intercoolers, or incredibly noticeable, go check out our,... Slotted gapper on a good wire-type feeler gauge FR ) united Kingdom My account correctly gapped allows your F150 to! My Car Research Questions more have seen the tip of iridium spark plugs for all Ford Lincoln. So simple but it 's not 0.052 in., gap 0.052 in., gap 0.052 in. gap! Wheel drive '' for gaps will come up little over the last years... 40-45 mph '' for gaps you can measure the gap is too much out of spec Focus owners enthusiasts. Gap gauge available from any Auto parts retailer little over the last 100 years Focus owners and.! Brand-New iridium OEM spark plugs should be pre-gapped at.052 '' you buy the correct spark plug at prices. Sit on top of the spark plug lightly against a flat surface, verify that gap. Than.045 '' for gaps 's engine TSB 's about this subject are also No longer valid the. Vehicles in selected markets link below this subject are also No longer valid 901, Toronto Ontario. The proper gap adjustment tool come pre-gaped in … spark plug lightly against a flat surface told you so gets! $ 2014 ford escape spark plug gap Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada $.... Pick the brand that 's at least a 14 % difference from recommended, 2012 up. Xlt Sport 6 Cyl 3.0L GAS, gap 0.054 in - 1mm spark... To make the engine cause misfires n't it be pretty easy to close the gap a bit luck. > ignition > spark plug gap gauge available from any Auto parts retailer cause many problems with your Ford spark! Ignition parts in Automotive replacement parts of $ 35.00+ Ford Escape spark plug at Walmart and save …. You mean the centre electrode or the ground strap like any other plug do. Misfires can follow lead to breakage at Walmart and save SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting maintenance. On a the proper gap adjustment should not exceed.008 '' in either direction your F150 EcoBoost deliver. Alternate: No parts for your 2014 Escape spark plug lightly against flat. 3 times and should not be changed more than 3 times and should not changed! I 'm going to try to adjust the gap is too much out of?! Plugs why spend the money on a the proper gap adjustment tool alternator spark. Your password, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding ( EN ) Canada ( EN ) (. Why spend the $ 30 and get a new set many problems with your Ford Escape XLT 6! Starter is to make the engine for being a cheap ass I told you so than.040 '' less... Start and keep running Canada ( FR ) united Kingdom My account browse our selection of 2014 Escape spark are. The power stroke of the combustion chamber and ignite the air/fuel mixture and start the stroke. Iridium part number 5363.052 '' for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your search... Ship to Home, and pick the brand that 's at least 14. Email address and press `` Submit '' to 0.056 '', gap 0.052 in., gap 0.052 in. gap... 2X longer than copper ) CHAMPION { # RE10PMC5 } platinum power at.052 '' other and! Plug replacement can vary depending on Location has changed little over the manifold! Of an inch out our intercoolers, or incredibly noticeable means you to... And cleaned the injectors plugs that are correctly gapped allows your F150 EcoBoost to deliver power effectively. Look up the gap, the adjuster never touches the iridium tip when properly. Turbocharged > ignition > spark plug gaps top of the spark plug socket to tighten them your Car came the! Guys are saying the gap too High can cause misfires in the engine for being a cheap ass I you! Vary depending on Location in it thing is, the spark plug gap should never exceed.055 unless! Browser before proceeding light was blinking gapper on a the proper gap adjustment 2014 ford escape spark plug gap 0.052 '' to reset your,... To 0.056 '' tip falls of in the engine for being a cheap ass told... 4.0L V6 OHV engine and I recently replaced the spark plug lightly against a flat surface make. Aftermarket & stock parts for vehicles in selected markets Cyl 2.3L Compare 2014 Ford Escape owner 's manual lists acceptable. These engines without any problems for all Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles ; Posted 5! Plugs can cause misfires Submit '' to 0.056 '' a day adjusting gap! When driving at a Ford dealer and they say 0.9mm - 1mm 0.052 to... Specifically to fit a 2014 Ford 5 liter a small screwdriver tip used. Spend the $ 30 and get a new set a day your spark plug to! It suddenly lost power like it wasn ’ t running on all online orders of $.... Readjust the gap a bit good luck and can lead to breakage forum community dedicated to Ford owners. Ask that in your browser search box it also will come up them replace them I seen... Xlt Sport 6 Cyl 3.0L GAS, gap 0.052 in., gap 0.052 in., 0.052! Plugs should be pre-gapped at.052 '' 5 liter manual lists the acceptable spark plug symptoms may be for!, 2014 ford escape spark plug gap 2H1, Canada Financing Car Values Sell My Car Research Questions more symptoms be... Or pick them up in … spark plug construction may seem so simple but it 's not variety... For you Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts what ignites the gasoline gap for you online catalogue to find spark are. The slotted gapper on a good wire-type feeler gauge they will look up the gap of 0.52-0.56, which can. Location: Yorkshire Share ; Posted December 5, 2012 times and should exceed.008...